The peace I used to know

The peace I used to know

A Poem by light and ashes

I remember when I felt comfortable in my own skin and in the womb of nature.

© 2020 light and ashes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

And that peace shall return and you can enjoy the womb of nature again. It's all a waiting game. A brilliant thought, Allie.

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

Thank you! I appreciate it!
The confort of nature has always drawn us out, prickling the skin and mind with tingles of freedom and hope, yet it has taken a battering to its reputation lately, as masked us wanders through our imaginations at how freeing nature made us feel once, before the unsen menace of covid put paid to that, and even now, our thoughts of freedom get infected by others who think they are bulletproof, making it not so safe a haven as it once was.
Until recently, I thought being comfortable in own skin was just a saying, until I realised I was suffering the itches of being locked up inside my skin when all I wanted was to run free through fields of gold.
It is truly a revelation to see and hear how uncomfortable so many of us can and have been feeling they don't like their own company as much as they thought... Even an old semi-recluse like me.
Hoping we all get back to the normality we once knew... Hopefully.

Posted 3 Years Ago


A fine piece of brevity. To feel comfortable in one's own skin is certainly a positive. So many don't. I love your 'womb of nature' Allie.

Chris



Posted 3 Years Ago


The womb of nature. Such an interesting thought there, Allie.
Nice one liner.

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

Thank you.
you say so much in one line...
I think I feel most comfortable now...but I am so far from that womb at this point at my age.

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

That's even better. :) Thank you for taking the time to stop and read.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 12, 2020
Last Updated on August 12, 2020


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


It rained today It rained today

A Poem by Gee