My faucet eyes

My faucet eyes

A Poem by light and ashes

I think I cried in my sleep last night.
My sadness is an ocean.
My eyes are only faucets.
Sometimes they drip.

© 2023 light and ashes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LJ
I love this piece. It's amusing and insightful and sad at the same time, in just four lines. However, I think a reader is unnecessarily slowed down by the periods at the end of each line. I was taught by a poet that most punctuation in poems is unneeded, and it shows in this one. Try without, and maybe lose a few capital letters too. Just as an experiment.
You'll know what to leave and what to change, because you're a good writer... meaning, anyone who can write this piece is good, imo. And "...sometimes they drip" is a perfect end to the almost overwhelming start... the start seeming like the poem may be too hugely sad (an ocean) for some readers. I think everyone has some ocean in them, and you let us just peek at yours before telling us more about it in a metaphorical way, which I think it's great. The "faucet" twice mentioned is malfunctioning (dripping) and that also happens to most people, but I, for one, would never think to describe pain that way.

Posted 3 Years Ago


I like your new name. It suits you.
Your new poem touches something deep in the heart.
The tears, they drop and the reader feels that deep sadness.

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

Thank you.
and sometimes the water main totally breaks, and there is a flood...
we can't help tears, they come from too deep within.
j.

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 24, 2020
Last Updated on April 20, 2023


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..