To Whom Do I Plea

To Whom Do I Plea

A Poem by Angelle Marie

After making one mistake I'm treated as if mistakes will always be made.
I have so much hatred in my heart, my tears are endless, and I feel so betrayed.
Why do they continuously say we are here to help but show no actions?
Instead they find ways to persecute me, so I sit at work overwhelmed with distractions.
I trust no one, everyone is against me, and they're looking for me to make a mistake.
Yet they continue to ask if I'm okay, as if my feelings and expressions are opaque.
Of course I'm not okay; my life is surrounded by too many stressors!
How can I focus while working in an environment filled with aggressors?
They have me under a microscope searching for imperfections to use against me.
I need some help but to whom do I plea?

© 2015 Angelle Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Just know that you are not alone. There are so many people surrounding you who care. It might seem like they don't, but they do. And remember that no one's perfect, they will make mistake but if you have to decide if they deserve an another chance or not. Wonderful poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


You are not alone in your suffering, you echo the words of Psalm 22, and in this you share His suffering.

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
so far from my cries of anguish?
My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
by night, but I find no rest.

You adequately describe someone in the state of oppression. It's not a pleasant place, it is a hard place and reflects the world. Church can be like this too at times, there are aggressors and tormentors. Your last line is a cry for help and I think you know in that cry is a turning point in your heart, and that there is a way and that way is light.

Posted 9 Years Ago


realize no one is perfect and expand from there make friends and try to trust someone we are all not out to get you we are here to help each other like brother's and sister's in Christ. Blessings my friend.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Really nice work hope to see some more.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 17, 2015
Last Updated on January 17, 2015