Pity

Pity

A Story by aspiring-novelist-angel
"

Just something that I really felt like writing, though I'm not sure what I'm going to turn it into yet... Just something very random at the moment

"

I watched him shiver as he was curled into a tight ball on the concrete floor. His arms covered his face and he whimpered like a pathetic dog. I stared down at him, no pity in my eyes and I demanded that he get up. He peeked out from under the cover of his arms, stuttering with a shaky voice, “P-p-p-lease,” he begged, “D-d-d-don’t hur-r-rt me-e-e!”

“Save it.”

I heard my voice come out cool and icy. It was steady and emotionless and I surprised myself that I was able to be this way. I scrutinized him carefully, deciding whether or not I should spare him the torturing pain I was capable of inflicting. I felt almost sorry for him, he had no idea what I could do to him, and he was stupid enough to think I was harmless. Forgiveness. The thought crossed my mind for a moment, but a brief moment so I barely recognised it.

There was no way I could forgive what he had done to me, the only answer screaming through my mind was revenge. I held out my arm and extended one finger towards him, and then I carefully flicked the finger forward, drawing energy as I did so. The minute my finger moved he was flown across the room and he smashed into the wall on the other side of the room; just as if I’d simply flicked a little bug out of my way.

My breathing was becoming heavy; he was quite exhausting, putting up a lot of resistance. I walked steadily towards his body which lay scrunched up next to the wall. I aimed my hand at him once more and lifted it, lifting his body in the process so that he was almost standing now. I stretched my fingers, slamming him flat against the wall, paralysing him, subjecting him to my grasp. He stared at me wide-eyed and terrified, panic burning like flames in his irises. I tilted my head to the side, observing him. I readied my hand, carefully planning to make a fist, knowing what it would do to his body in return. My fingers twitched, anxious for the movement, the release of energy. They contracted only a centimetre when a loud crash boomed behind me. I dropped my hand and the man dropped to the floor like a rag doll. I spun round, arms ready to face whatever enemy emerged. The dust began to settle and I saw that whoever it was had left a large gap in the wall as his entrance. I looked harder, trying to identify the silhouette in the shadows.

“I never took you as the violent type.”

His words hit me with full force and I stumbled backwards. It wasn’t possible. He couldn’t be back, it just wasn’t possible.

He emerged slowly from the shadows, showing me his grinning face. “Did you miss me?”

I screamed and sprinted towards him, arms ready to attack him.

He laughed. “Surely you know by now that you can’t defeat me.”

I leaped at him, flying through the air, willing to kill him again if I had to. I watched it happen in slow motion, and before I could reach him, he lifted his hand and held his palm flat towards me. The world began to spin and I was crumpling to the ground as everything faded into black.

I’d failed.

© 2010 aspiring-novelist-angel


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on December 29, 2010
Last Updated on December 29, 2010

Author

aspiring-novelist-angel
aspiring-novelist-angel

About
I'm new to writing... though hopefully improving. It is quite difficult for a sixteen year old to write a book that will actually have sufficient knowledge of language and not to mention experience. .. more..

Writing