What will you say?

What will you say?

A Poem by Angie G
"

Lies are better than reality.. Or are they?

"
What will you say, when they ask you about me?
Will you tell them the first lie that comes to you?
That I needed time, away. That I wasn't the right one for you?
But those lies will never be enough. Because you will always remember me.
You will go crazy hoping I call. Wondering if I think about you.

Wishing that if my lips kiss another I compare yours to his, and that nobody can be better than you in the art of fake kisses.
And when he makes love to me, his hands aren't yours tracing this body that gave you endless nights of unadulterated pleasure. This body that took you from hell to heaven with no regrets.

And you will hope he doesn't take my mind, body and soul to that place where only your lips, hands and body took me.
And all this time you know its only lies you tell yourself.

I was your truth, your safety, your angel, your Savior. But I walked away knowing you were my biggest lie.

So tell me.. What lie will you tell them next when they ask you about me?....

© 2017 Angie G


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on November 13, 2017
Last Updated on November 13, 2017

Author

Angie G
Angie G

CA



About
A hopeless romantic. A dreamer of impossibilities. My writing may not make sense.. But I don't make sense. And when my heart takes over my brain shuts down. I live the moment, cherish the memories and.. more..

Writing
She left She left

A Poem by Angie G


Her new toy Her new toy

A Poem by Angie G