Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
chapter 4

chapter 4

A Chapter by anju daynight

Chapter 4  

 

I woke to the sound of Amelia's high-pitched voice calling me from across her room.  

"guess what!" She was overly excited from the morning. One of the traits I loved about her.  

"Alex is throwing a massive party tonight and we are going" her voice shrilled.  

Alex is Amelia's boyfriend. Lia's very popular and so is Alex. They look fabulous together. I mean fabulous. They glow, literally, when they walk down the hall. Holding hands. Compared to her I'm like an ant and the lowest of lowest. Squishable. Vey easy.  

"we are?" Of course, she answered with another high pitched shriek that woke everyone in the neighborhood. 

"fine, but I'm choosing what I wear." Then here comes the glare. Her round humongous eyes glaring up at me from beneath the lashes. I think there are laser beams coming out of her eyes.  

"fine, fine fine, but no hot pink. Kay? 

"kay?" I could never say no to this girl. How could I? 

Walking to the class she was humming. She took out a black tight skirt and a matching crop top.  

"I forbid myself to wear crop tops" trembling inside for the fear that she will make we wear them. 

"yes you are," she said tunefully. Knowing she will win this fight.  

I didn’t waste any of my breath no more, so I ended up wearing the outfit she chose for my benefit with the lowest heels she could find which was still 2 inches, and a jean jacket with too many batches and pins to count.  

"your agenda today is. Drum roll,please . To get someone to take you for our double date." 

"our?" 

"yes, you and me with Alex and whoever you find. You aren't getting away from me this time so don’t count on it." My mouth opened but no words came out, like goldfish.  

"that is not okay." I blubbered about how if I could get a boyfriend then there was something wrong with the universe, most importantly how I couldn't get a boyfriend, or even get someone to ask me out for a date.  

"you can get somebody. its okay no matter whatI don’t know how she could be so confident about my status in relationships, but to my real surprise she turned out to be right. (lets be honest she usually is right) 

Music was too loud for my ears to adjust. Too many drunk and the smell was awful. I haven't gone to a house party since I was 10 which was still very innocent. What I mean by innocent is that there are no people making out in front of me or doing things I did not want to see. The party was at peak when we got there. Lia of course knew when to enter and how to enter. The effect pf the timing was well too much for me to take. She sparkled as she walked. Her own spotlight pointed at herself. Every single eye turned to look at us. Correction, her. Her tight navy tight dress outlined her curvy body as she glided. (I have no idea how she walks with that 4  inch heel on her. The differences between her and me) golden hair swaying from right to left as she walked. Glossy and shiny. On the other side, I had a jet black hair that kind of gave off an emo aura. I'm not though. I tried to cover my face with my hair. Wish I could say it worked very well.  

"Hey, Lia" Alex's cheerful voice came from somewhere. He kissed her on the cheek. Not on the mouth thankfully. I did not want to see that even though she was my best friend. Alex is even taller than Amelia and very muscular. He says that he doesn’t take steroids but I wonder. Typical perfect American teenage boy. The one in the Hollywood movies that all the girls blush over.  

"hey, you walked in with Amelia right? Dramatic entrance she planned it very well." Was that sarcasm I heard in his voice? I was still searching for the face that had called out to me. I wasn’t used to so many faces. I found him after twirling around for 4 times. More, like he found me, but we talked and I found out that we actually had a lot in common. Its funny though, because I know that he likes drawing, but I don’t know his name. He already knew mine so I missed the timing to ask. He asked me to a dance like in the movies. Gentleman-ish and 50's-ish. I was caught. By who you might ask, you probably guessed right.  

"Ellie?" She mouthed wow to me and then whispering how good looking he was.  

"so, Alex and I are going on a double date tomorrow, and I want to make it a double date" moving way to fast. 

"excuse me, could you give us a moment please?" I walked away trying to casually not step over anything.  

"what are you doing?" 

"getting you someone to take you out on a date. He's like the Evan. The Evan. You did, even more, better job than I thought you would." I don’t get why she put an empathize on the. She left me alone for a minute before bringing him back to me. Practically dragging him. Poor Evan.  



© 2018 anju daynight


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on June 12, 2018
Last Updated on June 12, 2018
Tags: romance, fiction, realistic, teenager, love, girl, boy


Author

anju daynight
anju daynight

youkohama, kanagawa, Japan



About
I'm a junior high school student. I'm Japanese but i like English way better although i do live in Japan. more..

Writing
chapter 1 chapter 1

A Chapter by anju daynight


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by anju daynight


chapter 3 chapter 3

A Chapter by anju daynight