The Spirit of Inquiry

The Spirit of Inquiry

A Poem by Annabelle

What happened to the spirit of inquiry? The desire for knowledge and the quest to discover, but we're Living life in fear of one another, each other - each and every day. That's not the way to live and not the way to love.
That's not what's wanted for us from any god up above, but to talk, and to learn from one another. My mother to yours, his sister to hers. if you extend your hand, we don't have to pretend that you and I are so different, when we accept adversity the similarities become so apparent. We can warrant the change that we wish to see, but you are forewarned that be this what it is it will not come quick or easy or without opposition.
We are a generation of like minded folk, we believe what we want; that there's no sense to grieve for someone you don't know, that there's nothing to be learned from any new friend or foe
So heed this call, to revive your spirit your spirit of love and your spirit of life, and the spirit of inquiry that will cause us all to ask why?
Why are we so closed in our ways? Why do we all blink our lives away in a hazy daze? But no, not for this new generation, if we start the change, who knows what can happen?
"Be the change you wish to see In the world", that's what we've always been told, but this change you see, doesn't have to be bold, a smile at a street corner, or a compliment to someone's hair. help that stranger in need of care, for the small action you make, can never be a mistake, because your experience, and the two cents you gain, will live on with you and in you, and effect every person you meet, so indulge in your inquiry of spirit, please do not fear it.

© 2014 Annabelle


Author's Note

Annabelle
thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on October 28, 2014
Last Updated on October 28, 2014

Author

Annabelle
Annabelle

NY



About
Hello! I'm Annabelle. New York. Sixteen. more..

Writing