Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Anna Mendez

I couldn't stop my chest from heaving so violently as hideous sobs escaped from my parted lips. As tears filled up the rims of my eyes, everything in my vision was blurred and began to glisten and dance. One by one the tears slipped down my cheeks, tasting bitter as they hit my tongue. I forced myself to breathe easy, but the oxygen in my lungs had already resolved to become thick and static in my throat.

Everything in my body throbbed a white hot pain as I looked over to him. He stood there before me, unmoved, indifferent. I could not read the cryptic look in his listless gaze; all I knew was that they made my soul melt. The longer I wept, it became increasingly obvious that he had no intention of comforting my aching heart.

Every part of me was itching for him, yearning to feel the warmth of his skin; just a brush. But I knew in my heart that he had not been longing for the same contact. I knew in my heart that no matter how much I wanted him, he did not want me. 

Please, I love you.

His eyes closed slowly and meaningfully as he turned away from me and began to walk in the opposite direction. I bit hard on my upper lip as I willed myself to run after him. I outreached my hands like a helpless child. I put all of my strength into calling out his name, but only more gasps and atrocious weeps escaped from my burning lips. He continued to walk farther and farther away from me, and all I could do was helplessly watch him leave.

Both of my legs began to weaken and my body had grown cold and stiff. My shoulders trembled uncontrollably as I let all of my pain surface. I opened my mouth to the sky and allowed every raspy sob to depart from my throat into the open air. It echoed for what seemed like an eternity. Everything abruptly went limp as I fell to the cold, unforgiving ground and closed my eyes. And then I was alone.



© 2013 Anna Mendez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on April 3, 2013
Last Updated on April 3, 2013
Tags: prologue, romance, teens, sad, love


Author

Anna Mendez
Anna Mendez

Lovelock, NV



About
Obsesser of spirituality and gothic romance novels more..

Writing
HOLIC HOLIC

A Book by Anna Mendez