The Summer Cabin

The Summer Cabin

A Story by lighthearted1

The Summer Cabin

From the parking lot I can see her swimming under the light of the heaven, the sun making her hair looks even more golden than it actually is. I know she is from up north and it was three o’clock. Three o’clock every evening she would go swimming in the lake. But I know today was the day that I would go out to where she swims and swim alongside her. It would be weird at first but I hoped it turned out well.

Well here I go, opening the car door. I don’t slam it. I don’t want to alarm her. But then she turns and sees me coming. Suddenly she does something I don’t expect and dips for the dock on the other side of the shore. I run back to my car to get my hunting gun and point. She is nowhere in sight.

A black crow craws and is flapping its wings in the sky over my head.

I narrow my eyes to same spot she was once gracefully swimming like a resemblance of an angel. No I did not know what an angel look like but am sure if I did, this would be it. She would be a good impression of it. Something stains my shirt. I look down and notice a nose bleed. I get this way when things don’t go as plan, whenever I have to refer to drastic measures. Then I remember the summer cabin. The summer cabin I use to take her too when she wanted to leave it all, get away from the city. I rushed back behind the wheel of the vehicle and leaves tire tracks heading up to the mountains.

She is there. She will be there, I try to reassure myself. I need to talk to her. I just need to talk to her. 

The summer cabin was what we called it when we we’re together. When she was mine and I was hers, before the divorce proposal and this. Welt of tears tore up his eyes. His chest raised its roof as he breathed in deeply into the hurt the unspoken words that was all left unsaid and all of the acts that is unforgiving. Then something flickers beneath a huge branch. He wasn’t entirely in front of the cabin. How obvious that will look then. So he kept his truck some mudslides of hills down before this part of the mountain. He squatted in the bush withholding only a flashlight in his one hand. Then the naked woman came out from beneath the covering of the cherub wings, he thought to himself when he saw this vision, this light of heaven coming towards him but side stepping into the house.

Her eyes were sober ridden. She looked drunk in redness possibly of crying. Maybe, she thought he is there to hurt her when all he wanted to do is talk. He had to get her to see it his way. He just had to explain.

When the night settles in, he still squatted behind countless of shrubs then she had come out. A blue rob touched the fibre of her golden tone body as she gripped it tighter to her, running from the touch of coldness. His eyes bear only her and memories of their past soar on his brain. He wanted her now. He wanted to hold her. Wrap her around in the benevolence of his love, in his arms and never let her run or hide in the wilderness again. He wanted to hush her fears and kiss the running of the formal tears. He did not want to hurt her. This he just had to let her know.

The cold breeze foiled her beneath the blue moon on a bench right on the cabins porch. The soil of her feet touching the brown wooden foundation begins movement in rocking the chair back and forth. The chains connecting the support to the roof of the cabin to the chair is the only thing sounding as tight ropes beating the surface of the sea.  Then that’s when he heard it, his heart beating. The pace of his heart when he had seen the sight of her now bruised the sod of his love.

She lithe a match before shaking her head to the sides and blowing it out of existence, often the way she did his syllables when he tried to confrontationally apologized. The ashes of her fiery smoke ousted the visionary of his temper flaring in his heart and then that’s when it questions him. Why had he brought the gun? Was he really there to unite the untied tongues of the language of their love or to shot her if she fidgeted or had said no? He closed his eyes now. His heart unsettled in why he was really here stung him. Unbalance in driven thoughts he thrust his body forth. Almost jumping from his hidden place, his legs and heart moving but the gun he let saddle on the irony of loving love on the dirt soil.

Everything went off blaze then. She now had seen him coming, thrusting his mad face towards her. I mean, it isn’t like he was really mad. He just had one of those faces, you know. But his heart said and did another.

For some reason which startle her but she has no time to ask how now as he came kicking up dirt from out its place, she jumps out of chair. “What do you want from me?”

Her arms stretched out to both sides. Her eyes still screaming love hurts held her there. It held her there.

Groundless, he stops. Once he knew why he was here and what he wanted now everything changed. All he wanted is to run away from her startling angry gaze but only the moonlight sprung its place.

“I loved you.” Is all he nerved to say from all he once thought then ran away.

 

© 2011 lighthearted1


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

beautifully written. your words are elegant. keep up the good writing. you're a really good writer

go on........

Posted 8 Years Ago


nice

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on September 28, 2011
Last Updated on September 28, 2011