Coming Out

Coming Out

A Story by rogue

  While growing up I had different beliefs than what I do now. In middle school, I was close minded and thought girls who kissed other girls was not okay. It wasn't until high school where I chose my own path of beliefs and felt attracted to an old friend and classmate, although this wasn't my ordinary crush as it was not a boy but a girl. I questioned what this attraction meant, was it that I thought she was just so beautiful or did I want to feel what it was like to feel the touch of her lips against mines. Eventually the crush blew over but I knew that I wanted to experiment and see what  it was like for myself. One day while ditching a class to hang out in the restroom I was talking to a good friend of mine, Lisa. I knew that Lisa was openly pan-sexual, and I expressed to her how I felt about my sexuality. It was then that out of my shock she kissed me, But I did not pull away but instead embraced the moment. Although Lisa was not nor did she become my girlfriend we did have more kissing interactions throughout the year. After that event I knew I was definitely attracted to girls but I was still also attracted to boys. By then my friends knew and for the past 4 years I made it known I was bisexual to almost the world except my family. It wasn't until last month when I decided to finally tell the person that has always been there for me, my mother. I was very nervous and not at all planned out but more of spur of the moment conversation. I told my mother I have liked girls in the past but that I am attracted to boys as well. My mother supported me and told me no matter what she will always love me, for 4 years I was afraid of rejection only to realize that I am fully supported and the way I feel and am is okay. Coming out is scary especially when you can't predict ones reaction but the aftermath and the feeling of freedom is riveting. 

© 2019 rogue


Author's Note

rogue
Any feedback is appreciated thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on April 5, 2019
Last Updated on April 5, 2019
Tags: short-story, LGBT

Author

rogue
rogue

North Hollywood, CA



About
Rookie writer. more..

Writing