Highland Garden Asylum

Highland Garden Asylum

A Story by rogue

 I remember when I was 16 years old, I lived in a small town in Minnesota. Not too far from my home was an abandoned asylum known for their violent patients that were once there. I remember always hearing the many stories ranging from the mistreatment of patients to it being haunted and known for unnatural occurrences. I of course was skeptical of Highland Garden being haunted, but that didn't mean that I wasn't curious to see for myself. That night I had planned out to trespass inside. When school was over I rushed straight home and packed a flashlight and a camera. I sneaked out when my parents fell asleep and decided to take my bike. 
 About 10 minutes I arrived and hid my bike behind a bush and jumped over the fence. I went inside the west wing when I was amazed at what I saw. Despite the obvious mold on the walls and papers everywhere I recognized cult like symbols as well. I decided to enter what was once the shock therapy room and immediately smelled a foul odor. As I pulled out my camera for pictures I felt a sharp shiver down my spine as I heard a faintly scream. I turned around only to see the door slam shut and what appeared to be blood oozing from under. I started to panic, my heart skipping beats, my breath getting heavier and heavier. I closed my eyes and kept thinking this isn't real its just a dream. When I opened my eyes in front of me was a woman with blood coming out of her eyes staring at me she reached for my face while chanting something in an unfamiliar language when I fell unconscious. 
 
 I remember opening my eyes with fear only to be confused as to how I ended up back in my room. I felt a sigh of relief as it was all just a dream. I got up to get ready for school and as I exited my room there I was, Highland Garden Asylum. 

© 2019 rogue


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on April 6, 2019
Last Updated on April 6, 2019
Tags: short-story, asylum, horror, paranoia

Author

rogue
rogue

North Hollywood, CA



About
Rookie writer. more..

Writing
Coming Out Coming Out

A Story by rogue