Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by smileyface123


It was a freezing cold morning and Mia didn’t want to get out of bed. Her head was buried deep into her pillow, and besides what was the point of getting up early? She would probably be late for school anyway, just like she was everyday. Then suddenly her alarm went off. She reluctantly climbed out of bed and turned the annoying alarm off, then got into her hideous bottle green uniform and went downstairs for breakfast.


The living room was empty and there was a boiled egg waiting for her on the kitchen table as usual. Then suddenly, her two elder sisters and her two younger brothers jumped up from behind  the sofa and yelled “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”


“It’s my birthday?” Mia asked.


“Yes, silly. I can’t believe you don’t even know when your own birthday is!” Alex, her nine year old brother laughed.


“My birthday’s on the eleventh of November.” she said. Then her fourteen year old sister Jennifer showed her the date on the newspaper.  “Oh.” Mia said. “Yay! What have you got me?” she asked excitedly.


“Mia, are you feeling alright? It’s not like you to forget your birthday. Your normally jumping up and down about it a week in advance.” Jennifer said, very concerned.


“I’m fine. Never been better.” Mia lied. The truth was that she felt horrible. Her grades had dropped a mile at school and her best friend Andria now had a new best friend and was ignoring Mia. Also, she had lost her mobile and was too scared to tell anyone. 


“Mia... Why on earth are you in your uniform? It’s Sunday today! Hurry up and get changed, we’re going to go and help our new neighbours, the Wellingtons move in.” Joanna, Mia’s 15 year old sister said.


“New neighbours?” Mia enquired.


“Yeah, you know the Worsleys moved to Liverpool? They sold the house. Now we have new neighours.”


“They moved? When?”


“Last week. Remember, we wrote a card? You went and delivered it?”


“...Oh yeah!”


“Mia, your seriously losing it.”


“No. I’m fine. I’m gonna go get changed.” And with that she quickly ran upstairs and got changed into a black hoodie and skinny jeans.


At Mr and Mrs Wellington’s house, Mia really didn’t want to help move boxes. She had only recently done her nails, and she wasn’t the only one standing around doing nothing.



© 2011 smileyface123


Author's Note

smileyface123
So what do you think? Please review! Thank for reading! It will get better (I hope)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

hi,
wow, nice description. great start to your book :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Added on October 24, 2011
Last Updated on October 27, 2011