India in the eyes of  a NRI

India in the eyes of a NRI

A Story by Anusree
"

If you are an Indian or ever heard of India, DO READ !

"
INDIA-The country of never ending cultures, beliefs...if that's how you think i'm gonna start my essay, then you're wrong!
India- the country which pays 1 crore rupees to a gold medal winner in Olympics and less than half of it to the family of a dead soldier.To be honest I've had a sense of patriotism in me only while watching cricket matches and patriotic movies.I am 16 years old and you can call me judgemental or immature ,but  i don't understand how i can respect my country when there's so many people who are being deprived of their rights.
Every thing has ups and downs.Apart from the ups such as the Tajmahal ,Himalays,etc what true assets does India have?The law and order and enforcement of the country laws certainly falls under the downs category.But I really do respect the social activists of the country.Their hopes are always high even though they are often fooled,abused and ignored by the authorities! I wonder how they can even hope for anything from such a country!!!
India earns most of its tax from the NRI's (NON RESIDENTS OF INDIA) .Yet,we are treated like useless paper bags.A NRI student is forced to bay double or triple the amount an average Indian student should pay to get into colleges.I wonder where all this money goes to.Some people,I mean..*MOST* people think NRIs makes money from growing money trees.They think that life is a smooth ride.Yes,life is a ride...a Roller Coaster Ride !What beniefiting previleges have the country ever offered us ?
India certainly does have alot of things in its ups list but they can never be equivalent to the number of things in its downs list.All i can do is write out my emotions, though its not going to change the way people are.
I am an Indian..
and frankly speaking,
I am NOT proud of it !

© 2012 Anusree


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ignore the grammar mistakes :p

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
1 Review
Added on December 14, 2012
Last Updated on December 14, 2012

Author

Anusree
Anusree

doha, Qatar



Writing
The Smile The Smile

A Story by Anusree


Bold Bold

A Poem by Anusree