ANZAC Battle

ANZAC Battle

A Story by anyaspencil
"

This was an old story of mine that's one of my favorites, I tried to re-write it from memory with more detail. This is for ANZAC day <3. I'm dedicating this story to one of my favorite teachers, Mrs G

"
Scott cursed as dirt flew at his face. The snipers on the opposing hill were good, but Scott knew he was better. One down, three to go. As his bullet flew, he couldn't help pondering what this was all for. All the men dropping beside him was pointless. Right? The screams of his allies jolted him awake from his thoughts. His eyes scanned the forest, settling on the bumpy shell of a grenade. Was this it? Adrenaline shot through him like a snipers bullet, and he threw himself against the smooth bark of a near by fallen tree. The sky lit up, orange flames jumped from tree to tree, destroying anything and everything in its way. and the world went quiet. He was in total bliss. Gunshots filled the air and reality hit. He didn't waste another breath on day dreaming, and jumped up.
His stomach dropped as he saw dead comrades, the friends he use to drink with. The musky smell of the dirt trench filled his nose as he hit the ground. His dark, shaggy hair covered his eyes as his helmet rolled along the floor. He was greeted by an irritated face. He knew what he had to do. Gun in hand, he jumped above the trench, and looked right into the barrel of a gun. The mans face turned from a smile into a frown as a bullet pierced his scalp. Scott ran as fast as his legs would take him, weaving between bullets, ducking under grenades. He saw the trench. It was now or never. The ice cold wind whipped his face and he landed with his bayonet in a young boys chest. His jaw dropped and his eyes filled with tears. His limp body fell to the ground as Scott's bayonet slid smoothly out of the boys body. Looking into his lifeless eyes, Scott was completely terrified. He was a monster. He ran. He ran back up the trench, his eyes glued on the ANZAC trench. Suddenly, his face connected with the floor, and mud filled his mouth. The pain was excruciating. He just needed someone. Anyone. But his vision blurred, and his mind focused on the bodies that littered the ground. In his final, agonizing moments, he thought of finally returning home. 
By
anyaspencil

© 2017 anyaspencil


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on April 25, 2017
Last Updated on April 25, 2017

Author

anyaspencil
anyaspencil

About
I really love writing. Whenever I write, time seems so escape me, because I get so wrapped up with the words, I can't explain how it makes me feel. When people ask how I write, I honestly can't explai.. more..

Writing