These Are The Nights

These Are The Nights

A Poem by Apatheia

These are the nights worth living for.
Rain is pouring
But it's raising my spirits high
The sound is luring
It's making my feet fly

Dancing in the twilight
My hair's a dripping mess
Everything feels alright
Washing away distress

I smile while the rain falls
Just because everything's silent,
Not even a bird call
Everything's peaceful, nothing's violent.

The pit, pat of rain is my only worry.
The reflection of street lights
Is distorted and all blurry
These are the nights.

These are the nights worth living for
A cheerful quiet hum
No idea what's in store
Or further in the night to come

But that doesn't matter
As long as you're as you are now
People hide and they scatter
You don't understand why or how
These are the nights worth living for.

© 2012 Apatheia


Author's Note

Apatheia
I don't think I like this one too much, but tell me what you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dear Apatheia,

The little things in life inspire much appreciation and that's what I received from this poem. I think it was pretty good.

You create the setting in the first stanza as you say, "Rain is pouring," and the sound being "luring" because indeed it is. I think of a shower when I read the next stanza. Yes, everything is silent because the animals scatter and hide away from the rain. Although I have to question, why is the pit pat of the rain a worry and not a relief? The diction in the fourth stanza is not the same as the rest. Why did you use the word "blurry" and "distorted?" The next stanza seems to pick back up on the admiration of the rain. I especially liked the line, "As long as you're as you are now," making me think of someone savoring the moment, the sensation, the feeling of that moment.

Interesting write. Thanks for sharing.

Sincerely Victorious

God bless

Posted 11 Years Ago


Simple, articulate and honest. It's not trying to wrap things in a big theme, but clearly share the moment without getting melodramatic. I think it succeeds very nicely.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I liked it. It painted a nice picture and displayed a very clear emotion. I felt this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Simply lovely. I admit, I love rain... The rainy season here is absolutely wonderful!
Your poem has great potential, though the rhyme sounds a bit forced... But over all, very good! -^^-

Posted 11 Years Ago


There's something about rain and poets. I too love a rainy night and I enjoyed this poem and the enthusiasm you put into it. Well done.

Pendragon

Posted 11 Years Ago


Apatheia

11 Years Ago

Thank you. :)
Relic's Bare Trees

11 Years Ago

:)
No I liked it. The timing and structure are nicely done. The subject dear to my heart for I too; am a rain walker.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Apatheia

11 Years Ago

A rain walker.. I love that
eatmills

11 Years Ago

One of my favourite songs is Singing In The Rain.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ees
Your title reminded me of high school for some reason. I guess because we liked to refer to the nights because we learned more there or at least as much as in class, but the content of the poem itself has a very different feeling. I really enjoy the first two stanzas! The words dance a bit like flickering light through a doorway.

"Is distorted and all blurry"- should start with "are"

Nice poem. I think th last several stanzas could possibly be worked on or one inserted in between adding a little detail, but overall you did a beautiful job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ees
Your title reminded me of high school for some reason. I guess because we liked to refer to the nights because we learned more there or at least as much as in class, but the content of the poem itself has a very different feeling. I really enjoy the first two stanzas! The words dance a bit like flickering light through a doorway.

"Is distorted and all blurry"- should start with "are"

Nice poem. I think th last several stanzas could possibly be worked on or one inserted in between adding a little detail, but overall you did a beautiful job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like this a lot, it's simple and honest. It's one of the few rhyming poems I have liked recently, but I agree with John, you shouldn't be a slave to the rhyme.

Posted 11 Years Ago


it's not bad. like singing in the rain

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 1, 2012
Last Updated on October 1, 2012

Author

Apatheia
Apatheia

WA



About
I'm Hannah, life has a funny way of always working out. more..

Writing
Ana Ana

A Poem by Apatheia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


There There

A Poem by emmajoygreen