The Storm is Here

The Storm is Here

A Story by Tangerine
"

Well, it's raining today, and I wanted to try writing something about rain. I actually think I'm getting better with this whole writing thing!

"

The pitter-patter on the roof. Drip drip, and it repeats itself. The sun is lost, perhaps never to return, as whoever created us all weeps over what we have become. What have we become? A monstrosity. Each really only caring for themselves; the others aren't as important as them. In that sense of thinking, all are important to the same degree, not that anyone would realize it soon enough to save us. The world is ending in a flood of tears. BOOM! It is a trashcan being kicked. BOOM! It is a bass drum being hit. BOOM! It is thunder, sounding at the same time as the lightning. The storm is here. Can you hear it? The storm is here. Can you smell the rain? Buildings made of steel are collapsing, houses are flattened, bridges are maimed. BOOM! The thunder is here. The lightning is here. The world is gone.

© 2008 Tangerine


Author's Note

Tangerine
Hmm, that wasn't really a story, but it wasn't a poem either. Okay, there was a word for it. Prose, right? BOOM! There's the thunder again. I'm gonna go sit on the back porch and watch the rain for a while.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I REALLY liked it! Yes, humans are superficial creatures, and yes selfish is a must in the species. You portrayed that without being so BAM (BOOM?) in your face. =]

I think it is the first really DEEP thing I have read from you. It really gave a glance into your thought stream and that is a great experience on the readers side. I agree your getting better. I can't wait to read what you post next! =]]


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
1 Review
Added on August 12, 2008
Last Updated on August 12, 2008

Author

Tangerine
Tangerine

the Planet Venus, MA



About
Hey, my name is Tangi. I guess I'm just your average girl . . . nevermind, scratch that. I don't think anyone would call me average. Let's see, things about me . . . I love to smash fruit (oranges are.. more..

Writing