A heart touching story

A heart touching story

A Story by parnika
"

real time experience

"

Heart touching story

Once I was in the hospital and I had an experience which touched me so much that even today I remember it very vividly.

One very senior  doctor entered the hospital in hurry after being called in for an urgent surgery. He answered the call, changed his clothes & went directly to the surgery block.

He found the boy’s father pacing in the hall up and down waiting for the doctor impatiently.

On seeing him, the father yelled: “Why did you take all this time to come? Don’t you know that my son’s life is in danger? Don’t you have any sense of responsibility?”

The doctor smiled & said: “I am sorry, I wasn’t in the hospital & I came as fast as I could after receiving the call…… And now, I wish you’d calm down so that I can do my work”.

“Calm down?! What if your son was in this room right now, would you calm down? If your own son dies now what will you do??” said the father angrily.

 

The doctor simply smiled again.

 

 

The surgery took some hours after which the doctor went out happy, “Thank goodness!, your son is saved!” And without waiting for the father’s reply he carried on his way running. “If you have any questions, ask the nurse!!” said the doctor to that father.

 

“Why is he so arrogant? He couldn’t wait some minutes so that I ask about my son’s state” Commented the father when seeing the nurse minutes after the doctor left.

 

The nurse answered, tears coming down her face: “His son died yesterday in a road accident, he was at the burial when we called him for your son’s surgery. And now that he saved your son’s life, he left running to finish his son’s burial.”

 

Father was left spell bound, no words to utter, eyes seemed to be popping out and eyes of all the other people in the waiting area also full of tears and everybody was only praising and blessing the doctor.

 

I also could not control the tears from rolling out of my eyes.

 

 

 

PARNIKA SHARMA

© 2014 parnika


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well done Parnika.
Keep it up.
God bless

Posted 9 Years Ago


Dear Parnika, very well written. Its amazing that you are able to appreciate these human emotions already at your age. All the very best ....

Posted 9 Years Ago


Good crisp and concise writeup. The intended intensity of the storyline has been depicted well. Keep up the good work Parnika.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Parnika even I also could not control the tears from rolling out of my eyes reading such a heart touching story and I am shocked to realize that a teenager like you can be so sensitive towards such issues and share the thoughts in wonderful way, which is highly appreciable

Keep up the spirit!!


Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 28, 2014
Last Updated on July 28, 2014
Tags: doctor, father, son, accident, hospital, nurse

Author

parnika
parnika

FARIDABAD, north, India



About
I'am Parnika Sharma. I enjoy writing, reading and playing outdoor games. I'am fond of travelling as well. I like to meet people and learn about them. more..

Writing