MYSTERY of the SEALED BOXES

MYSTERY of the SEALED BOXES

A Story by april13

I had often wondered what lies beyond the facade of the people that we see everyday.What secrets lay hidden deep their cores.What kind of reality is being  kept away, out of reach from the knowledge of everybody else.

Then I realized, no matter how hard we try, no matter what we do, we can never really know what people contain. For their hearts are like sealed boxes. Strongly guarded,with the keys hidden away somewhere. In a place out of reach, out of sight of other humans �" on purpose.

Without any luck in opening their hearts, in unlocking their souls, WE SHAKE them up. We try to guess by their rattling sounds what secret treasures or hidden pieces lay within or what broken pieces might be in there.We’re hoping that our guesses would bring us closer to the truth. The truth behind the SEALED BOX, the truth behind that person’s existence.

Sadly, guessing is all that we can do. That’s all there is for us, nothing else.The truth will never change. It doesn’t matter if we knew the person for ages or for just a minute. It doesn’t make a difference. WE CAN NEVER EVER KNOW SOMEONE COMPLETELY. That’s the truth of the matter.We just have to live with the uneasiness of our ignorance.

We are not different from them. For we, just like everybody else, just like the rest of them, are VAST. We have our own secrets. We have our own purpose why we keep them. We have our own SEALED BOXES.

Just the same, we are forever shifting. A never-ending game of change. Thus, the reality behind our own existence is mostly hidden. And probably it would always be. We’ll all remain as strangers, just fellow living beings inhabiting this planet. We are alive indeed, but we’ll always be MYSTERIOUS while we last.

And the secret behind each and everyone else’s sealed boxes would be forever kept safe.The specific keys for each boxes would remain exactly where they are �" where their owners want them to be.

Out of reach.

Out of sight.

And everything else will remain exactly how it was from the very beginning…

A BIG MISSING PIECE OF A PUZZLE.

© 2012 april13


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on August 24, 2012
Last Updated on August 24, 2012

Author

april13
april13

Philippines



Writing
She She

A Story by april13


Terrified Terrified

A Poem by april13