BLUE MOON: Memories of a Forgotten Past

BLUE MOON: Memories of a Forgotten Past

A Story by april13
"

*sudden rush of memories,along with the blue moon

"

Blue moon.

A rare chance.

A rare occurrence.

I remember it oh so well.I remember it clearly now.The memories of that night.The wonders of that BLUE MOON.

The sky was filled with brightness,brighter than the usual.The moon was in its full glory that night.Showing of its magnificence for the world to see.

It overpowered the darkness that often enslaves the night sky.Inviting.Truly splendid.It captivated the crowd,including myself.It was a such wonderful sight.It soothes the soul and warms the heart of the onlookers.

I was just another woman inlove then.A woman looking at such magnificence.Admiring such rare moment but I felt there's an emptiness inside me.A void only that one person could fill.Not even the beauty of the blue moon can ever be compared to the splendor of my world when that person was around.Another overly romantic ideal.

During that time,he was in a place I can only reach in dreams.We were far apart and there I was staring blankly at such glorious sight.And he was there somewhere staring at the same magnificent scenery.All I could think about then was,we're still under the same night sky.And I could only wish that when the next blue moon comes,we'll be together at last.Together,we will stare at the blue moon and admire its beauty.The void inside our hearts would be gone.Happiness.Contentment.Love.Those will replace the emptiness we felt before.

But that was then.

Now all those little things,all those simple whispers of that fragile heart are long gone.Those are just part of a past.A forgotten one at that.

Everything had changed through time.

And I heard that another BLUE MOON will soon appear in our night sky.

What feelings will it awaken? What wonders will it bring?

Such questions fill my head right now.

Nothing is for certain indeed.

But what I am sure of,nothing can stop me now from admiring it's beauty,from basking in the light it bestowed upon the night sky.Because it is not always we have such an occurrence.

I might as well stare at it in silence and let myself be enchanted by its magnificence.

BLUE MOON.

 

© 2012 april13


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on September 5, 2012
Last Updated on September 5, 2012
Tags: blue moon, memories, past, love

Author

april13
april13

Philippines



Writing
She She

A Story by april13


Terrified Terrified

A Poem by april13