The Lost Word Plays (the spirit of a Lost Writer)

The Lost Word Plays (the spirit of a Lost Writer)

A Story by april13

There comes a time in every writer's life when nothing seems write.It goes beyond the enemy named "writer's block."For the writer can still write.There are still ideas.She can still create a piece.a word play.BUT it just doesn't fit.

EMPTY. That's how I feel.

The words that used to give a fiery vibe seemed to have lost their spunk.They just feel quite bare,no matter how many twists were added.The word plays became meaningless.The much needed depth wasn't even there.See.It's not right at all.

The pieces I write still echo a part of me.They all come from the depths of my soul YET.they fail to touch my heart.Though others perceive them well,they no longer make my soul sing.Things changed.Things aren't what they used to be just like in the beginning.

My words.

My word plays.

They seem to have lost their flair.They seem to have lost that certain "magic" ,that certain "touch".I feel as though they're no longer enough for even a "false" release,not even good enough for a temporary "escape".The feeling of satisfaction,the vibe of perfection,They're no longer there.

Is the power of my word plays gone?

Am I too far gone to care?

Had I become too numb to even feel my own words? Had I become too lost to even find solace in my own creations?

Scribbling.

Scribbling.

It seems to have become a pointless act.

I allowed myself to drift further away not even realizing what was at stake.I got lost along the way and now I'm paying the price.I'm treading to find my way back now.Reclaim,the "power" my words used to have.

WRITE.

WRITE.

That's all I know.I want to write again,better than I did before.I know I can,if I can surpass this hurdle.I want my words to come to life again.I want my word plays to make spirits soar.Most importantly,I WANT TO FEEL.

I want to feel the warmth in my words. Only then can they touch my heart and soul once more.

© 2012 april13


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on September 12, 2012
Last Updated on September 12, 2012

Author

april13
april13

Philippines



Writing
She She

A Story by april13


Terrified Terrified

A Poem by april13