On BEASTS Masquerading as GENTLEMEN (RAKES)

On BEASTS Masquerading as GENTLEMEN (RAKES)

A Story by april13

(Rake- A dissolute man in the society {old English}. In the recent point of view this is equivalent to what we call now “Playboy”.”beasts masquerading as gentlemen”)

We’re done with the definition of terms.I just want to make it clear:” I’m not as man hater”.But I had been a victim of these “rakes” twice or thrice now. (uhuh, I can be another lovesick fool when the lovebug hits me.It’s something I ain’t proud of). So these previous experiences along with what I had witnessed over the years,seeing my fellow women being victimized by these kind of guys,had me thinking “What drives them to do all these and treat love and relationships like some kind of a game?”

With these individuals,saying “I love you” has no meaning at all.It’s just another over used word that they need to accomplish their mission.That is,”make that girl fall”.They can be gentle as a cute puppy,treat the ladies with respect and make their target feel as if she’s the only woman in the world.It’s all part of their elaborate plot.

Women are their most coveted prize.

A trophy.

A symbol wherein their self-centered triumph lies. (sad but true).

For Rakes nothing gives them more pleasure than adding another part to their winning collection.That’s all.

And for the gullible women who became their prey: YOU’RE FINISHED. Once you fail to resist,once you put your guards down,you’ll never be able to get out of their hold.Once you fall for those endearing charms,you’ll be another believer that a Rake can do no harm.

RED ALERT!

Hearts weren’t made to be played around with.Love isn’t some kind of a game.Relationships aren’t contests of who  scores higher becomes the ultimate winner.

HEARTS.

LOVE.

RELATIONSHIPS.

These are the things these rakes must learn to value and handle with care and not some object that they can throw away whenever they’re done and pick up again whenever they’re bored.

As for me,I’m trying to take things slow nowadays.I don’t want to make another mistake of trusting a guy that I deem as a gentleman and find out that he is actually a rake only when it’s too late.

So fellow ladies,let’s all be very careful.

I know we don’t want to be a part of the sick obsession of these guys and become enslaved by their fake affection. We deserve better than that.

WE ARE THE REAL DEAL.

( I know not all guys are the same.Somewhere out there REAL GENTLEMEN do exist.)

© 2012 april13


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on September 23, 2012
Last Updated on September 23, 2012

Author

april13
april13

Philippines



Writing
She She

A Story by april13


Terrified Terrified

A Poem by april13