Broken

Broken

A Story by Ari
"

A story of heartbreak

"
You broke me while I fixed you. A constant ebb and flow of energy from within me to you. I gave you my all, my whole heart. I was thanked with lies and deception. This lack of reciprocation stayed dormant from my conscious, perhaps as my desire for you to become the person I wanted you to be blinded me. You were my project. I pushed away the signs, refused to listen to your sirens time and time again. Who is to blame? Is it you for the manipulation and betrayal? Or me, for making countless excuses for someone who never deserved them. The permanent scar left on my heart is irreparable. How am I to learn to trust again? And for what. For you to have a companion? Someone you could easily manipulate? I am worthy of so much more. How dare I not recognize it sooner and hold myself to a greater standard than what you had to offer.  So thank you. Thank you for showing me I am worth so much more than to be treated and surrounded by someone like you. You might have broken me while I fixed you. But you will never have that power over me again. I am free from your manipulative grasp. It's my turned to be fixed, but I can rest peacefully knowing I will never break someone like you broke me. 

© 2020 Ari


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Were I the one this was directed at, I might find it meaningful. But in it, someone unknown is complaining to someone not introduced, about unspecified events, in an unknown tone of voice. How can that be meaningful to a reader? Sure, it made you feel better to get it off your chest when you write it. But what can a reader do but say, “Aww…poor baby.”?

Poetry isn’t designed to inform, its goal is to make the reader feel, and care. So instead of telling the reader how YOU feel, make them feel your for the same reason you do. Make them LIVE it. Make the reader want to write this letter for the same reasons you did. Focus on emotion, not facts. And by emotion I mean the reader’s.

E. L. Doctorow made an observation meant for fiction writing, that applies even more so to poets: “Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader. Not the fact that it’s raining, but the feeling of being rained upon.”

Posted 3 Years Ago


Mmm
We all (Or at least I have) fallen for someone unsuited for your love. you were taken in by them > And just dropped (thrown away) when they had drained your love

Learn from this and proge=ress with your life

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 29, 2020
Last Updated on August 29, 2020
Tags: relationships, heartbreak, trust, loyalty

Author

Ari
Ari

Orange, CA



About
more..

Writing
Enough Enough

A Story by Ari


Mountains Mountains

A Story by Ari


Vulnerable Vulnerable

A Story by Ari