Songs Of Youth.

Songs Of Youth.

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

Sadly Nicki Milligan my wife's mother passed away without event Friday February 2nd 2018

"

      Nicki and Harold Milligan

           Parents of my wife Becky     

Grace and Eloquence knew you by name

playing together while you were young

The sweet smell of the summer breeze

lessons learned as you sung

 

Songs of the youth you once lived

white cloth flowing in the breeze

Wheat colored hair whisked in the wind

racing across fields with youthful ease

 

Think ye oh back upon those days

fondly remembering as we were

Cherished memories that we all save

another tomorrow of that we were sure

 

When life came in with the seasons

the cheering laughter of a friend

Secrets we all knew and saved

who would think it to ever end

 

Life has that way of fooling us

especially when we're young

Always promising another day

forever-another song to be sung

 

But like all great things we enjoy

the bill one day comes due

And as your friends each pass away

you wonder if next may be you






© 2018 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
I need not say what this is about. We all know don't we? Go see your parents and grandparents.
Life's time waits on none of us.
It masters fate with earnest callous.
Caring for none in favored mercy.
Helping not whom it shows malice.

They wont be here when you find the time to visit.
Do it while you are thinking of it.
There is no regret like that dealt to the one who wasn't there when needed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah, I also love a poem with a twist at the end, and wheat colored hair racing across te field brings the poem to life. I have often thought that the greatest gift God gives us that we are mortal, although eternal youth would be nice!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I have always had that thought of "what will happen in the future", of seeing my grandchildren, and possibly seeing my great-great-great-great grandchildren. I wonder what would be different, what would be the same, and, most importantly to me, what life will be like without the familiar faces that I love. I also wonder why other people think that old stuff is not cool (Seriously, who doesn't like recorders). I do consider myself lucky that I have lived 17 years, and MIGHT be an adult soon, even though I do still act like a child.

I love this poem. I mean LOVE. 100% and a fav from me.

Posted 14 Years Ago


"Life has that way of fooling you.
Especially when were young.
Always promising another day.
Forever another song to be sung."

Oh yes indeed, ain't that the truth my friend!
As usual great insightful writing, much enjoyed by me.

Helena




Posted 14 Years Ago


It's interesting the different emotions I had while reading this; intially I was having fond memories of my own childhood, but then I had a twinge of fear. I'm 20, so I guess you can consider me still young, but I am guilty of having the typical feeling of "invincibility." The idea of getting old is not something I've seriously considered..and now, I must admit, it does make me feel a bit vulnerable! But I think this is great; you managed to effectively convey the mindset of a child, while also making the transition into adulthood and old age. The last stanza is my favorite, "and as your friends all pass away; You wonder if next may be you," This is almost bitter-sweet to me. I mean, if your friends are gone, why not go to join them? What a pleasure to read, thank you for this lovely poem :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


that last stanza is really intense & powerful. i hate getting old. we all should all be born with benjamin button's disease. when we're young, we can't imagine death, but each day we live, we inch a little closer. a deep, emotional piece that i can relate to on every level.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This brings back some memeories from when I was a little girl....great write....really....

Posted 14 Years Ago


A great feeling here of living life.. through all seasons and weathers.. bad and good. The rhythm and rhyme are great.. ending on a note of accepting our true destiny at the end of the road.. the bill becoming due. I sense you are living to the fullest being that you dread that given day you are chosen.. meaning you cherished life.. make the most of it.. very admirable! Truly read like a story.. of what you remember most and life meant for you.. this can be portrayed differently for everyone.. I liked your version. Thank you so much for sharing! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
A
I agree with Kim Travis. After the passing of my brother, I often wonder who may be next. It's a sad thing to think about but just kind of pops into my head. This piece is very emotional. I really like this one as well! I know I always say this but once again, great poem! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh Wow! This really makes you think!
I often think of death off and on
With everyone around that keeps passing on
I wonder if I will be next!
I knwo I shouldn't think that way
But I just can't help but to.
I can feel this write, very well expressed

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


9
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5137 Views
89 Reviews
Added on August 19, 2009
Last Updated on April 12, 2018
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..