Love's Refrain

Love's Refrain

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

The wind plays loves refrain.

"

first wife marsha and tate

First wife Marsha and mother to Tate 

Love entered in my heart one day

a sorrowed, war-torn, guest

When she asked to be let in

I had her sit and rest



She woke my sleep with anguish

shook my hopes with tears

When my heart felt to sing

she filled its joy with fears



As now she has gone away

I miss the old sweet pain

Sometimes when night whistles in

the wind plays loves refrain

 




© 2018 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
Some people just aren't meant to be together. Yet try to tell them that and both will join in chorus to rail against your attempt. Yet when they are apart they cannot seem to function without each other. Such is the mystery of love. I am old enough to remember the life,times and sufferings of Tammy Wynette and her ill-fated marriage to George Jones. In a 20/20 interview with George I remember how he still choked on her name and held his love for her long after she was gone. I imagine for him that is a tragedy with great remorse and sorrow.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"He stopped loving her today", that's what this brings to mind for me, one of the saddest country songs ever sung, and I think he sang it with her in mind. It's funny how sometimes we most want and crave that which is worst for us and our state of mental health. That which causes us to feel the most, be it good or bad, is often most memorable in our lives and hearts.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

LA Lorena

11 Years Ago

Thanks Tate.
Tate Morgan

11 Years Ago

The honor is all mine
Laura Lynn

9 Years Ago

this is beautiful, I've never been able to make it on my own, but her song brings hope but also the .. read more



Reviews

Wow the emotions contained .. feel of that of someone very special... but sad.. so sad that you could not deal with the situation.. I have been there.. the flow is great the message is one that is truly mixed. It's funny (not really) but you miss the old sweet pain.. why is it that we reach for those things that we want most of all to fix.. yet when we have it.. knowing we alone can not fix it.. must step back or the fear of being consumed in sadness may take over. So many .. search for just optimistic relations in general.. be that friends.. family.. acquaintances.. when sadness is human. What just a hug and caring can really do to help that other if it is sincerely done.. as we get older.. we learn that lesson. Life is not just a game.. once we have a time of sadness.. are alone.. we then realize that which we have lost.. and the burn of regret as no one with the patience to sit with us remains by our sides. I hope you and this other person managed to find that happiness and better days! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is amazing
This flowed like a soft melody
Wonderfully written

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


12
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

7219 Views
112 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 21, 2009
Last Updated on August 21, 2018
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..