Just my thoughts

Just my thoughts

A Poem by Jo
"

I'm not exactly sure what this is but it felt right.

"
I've always wondered what happens after life. I mean I know it's obviously death, but what happens during that period of time when your heart stops beating and your hand goes cold. Somewhere deep inside of me I have a bone-crushing feeling that once those things happen you just simply disappear into oblivion. Like your life was never lived, your hardships never faces, and your memories are gone like they were never there at all. And all of that terrifies me beyond belief. And although that is the most logical explanation to this unanswered question, a small part of me, almost like a child blowing out the candles on the cake every year, wishing for some thing that seems extremely important, believes that our internal souls rise out of our once thriving bodies and go somewhere that has everything we have ever wished for. That part of me aches for my wishful thinking to become reality and let me live out my time and be able to have some logical remembrance of my being. I've never really grasped the concept of Heaven or Hell and the meaning behind them. I have just simply hoped that at least something happens afterwards. Something that does not cause me to simply all together die. But instead have just my physical form expire leaving the same complex person I am to be taken to some place that could possibly make all of the suffering people face in their lives worth having endured. Because if nothing happens then what is the honest point of going through a pre-made life to just be gone forever.

© 2014 Jo


Author's Note

Jo
Correct anything as long as you are at least respectful about it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on March 25, 2014
Last Updated on March 26, 2014
Tags: death, life

Author

Jo
Jo

IA



About
I'm just trying to improve my writing so feedback would be well appreciated. more..

Writing
You left You left

A Poem by Jo