Wiegenlied

Wiegenlied

A Chapter by artemis
"

Time and Love plays with two hearts as their playground leaving it messy and untidy.

"

“Time of death: seven forty-one pm.” The doctor declared while a girl sat unknowingly, her father looking up the clock in his white coat.

“Condolence,” The assistant nurse tapped the doctor’s shoulder and slowly walked out eyeing the little girl, about six years of age, with eyes of sympathy.

As the doors closed, the doctor who was also father fell down on his knees and became a husband whose wife died in his hands. He couldn’t contain his sobs, his sorrows, his fear and disappointments.

“Hush, dad… mom’s sleeping you’ll wake her up.” The innocent little girl advanced to his grieving father then turned to her now cold-skinned mother. “Good evening, good night, with roses adorned with carnations covered, slip under the covers. Tomorrow morning, if God wants so, you will wake once again…”

Her lullaby made her father’s cries even more audible. He hugged her tightly into his arms like tomorrow will never come once more.

 

▩▩▩�'�'�'▩▩▩

 “Elle, where are you going? Haven’t you heard? We’re invited, come on!” Her friend shouted while waving to get her attention but Danielle isn’t the type to party but also not the type to study.

“Nah, I’m passing again maybe some other time.”

“But it’s the end of the year.” Her friend tried to persuade but she never gave second thought about not attending. “We’re already leaving high school and that’s still the same answer you give to me whenever we’re going to a party.”

“Ms. Carson,” A woman in a teacher’s uniform cut off their conversation making Elle happy on the inside for not having to explain much to her friend about her rejections to parties.

“Hey, uhm, I need to go like right now.” She excused herself and run lightly behind her teacher. She looked back and mouthed have a good time, bye to her friend.

 “Isn’t it sad not to have drinks with friends?” Her music teacher, Mrs. Hugh commented as they both walked to the music room.

“Nope, this is actually kind of healthy.”

“Healthy?” Mrs. Hugh asked sarcastically with a grin.

“So… what’s up for today?” The music was empty that when they both stepped inside, their voices echoed.

“Your composition?” Mrs. Hugh raised an eye brow with one of her palm open. “Hand them over and play.”

“Ok!” She said in an enthusiastic way which was truthfully unique in the sight of Mrs. Hugh since all her students hated her.

In her bag, she took out her music sheets then sat in front of the piano. She played her composition but not until the end since Mrs. Hugh asked for her to stop in the middle of playing.

“That’s enough,” was all that was heard from the teacher before leaving.

Elle now sat in solitude in the room. Her fingers press the piano keys in boredom. Her music started from pieces then grew to be whole.

Good evening, good night, with roses adorned

 with carnations covered, slip under the covers.

 Tomorrow morning, if God wants so,

 you will wake once again

She sang but not the right emotions she gave. It’s supposed to be a lullaby, yet her tone seems dark, sorrowful and missed. In her memories, the song is not a lullaby.

“Wiegenlied?” A sudden clapping was heard from the door. “That was more of something for the dead than for a baby.”

She was surprised with the sudden comment of an unwelcomed visitor. She gave him a sour look and then stood up for her leave. The guy however made her stop by suddenly clutching on to her hand as she passes by him.

“Nathan,” He said shaking her hand while she only gave her a more surprised look and wield her hand away. “That was a nice voice.”

“Thanks,” She shortly replied and walked away but Nathan followed behind.

“So…you are…” Nathan asked for information but though Nathan is guy who all girls in school want to date, Danielle couldn’t care less. She isn’t an enthusiast in front of guys.

“Nathan, are you coming or not?” A guy far behind them shouted.

“I’ll be there, just a moment!” He shouted back and grabbed Danielle’s wrist pulling her to him. Smiling, he held both of her shoulder while Danielle looked at him awkwardly. “I’ll remember you. We’ll meet again.” Then he let go of her and run to his friend.

Danielle sighed and continued her pace. She knows her limits; she knows that keeping herself attach to more people will only hurt more. It’s been on her mind, stuck and tattooed, the rules that only are hers to abide.



© 2012 artemis


Author's Note

artemis
short, i know. But my chapters are going to be longer with the next chapters. :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i really enjoyed the plot, but id like to see alot more description. what nathan looked like, danielles feelings, ect. the beginning was really great though, if i were you id go back and much more description. that way it will be longer, not feel so rushed and be more appealing. other than that, great job :-) 80/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

artemis

11 Years Ago

noted. :D



Reviews

i really enjoyed the plot, but id like to see alot more description. what nathan looked like, danielles feelings, ect. the beginning was really great though, if i were you id go back and much more description. that way it will be longer, not feel so rushed and be more appealing. other than that, great job :-) 80/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

artemis

11 Years Ago

noted. :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 25, 2012
Last Updated on November 25, 2012
Tags: chapter, love, story, tragedy, romance


Author

artemis
artemis

About
I like reading and writing. Watching movies and photography. more..

Writing
Desire Desire

A Poem by artemis


First Confession First Confession

A Chapter by artemis