Music To My Soul

Music To My Soul

A Story by Briana O'Connor

Music can express the mystical experience better than language; it can tell of its mystery, joy, sadness, and peace far better than words can utter. The fatigued intellect finds a tonic and the harassed emotions find comfort in music.

�" Paul Brunton in Meditations for People in Crisis by Paul Brunton

To Practice This Thought:
Be attentive to any mystical feelings that surface when you are listening to music.

 *******************************************************************************************


          Music is the charger of life, and we are the batteries. The desideratum for soul replenishing music haunts me daily. As I slave away, earning wages to pay for the life I live, my being slowly depletes as I listen to the factory beeps and booms. I long to slip my earbuds in and recharge my spirit.


          Daily, tunes come to me through my love bug earbuds. I smile as the beats travel from my ears to my soul. Songs like Happy by Pharrell boosts my energy as I bounce up and down feeling as if I’m telling the darkness in the world to shove it-I’m happy. Thrift Shop by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis have me shaking my shoulders, saying “Damn right I shop at GoodWill. I’m a thrifty individual who doesn’t care about your social norms.”


          Of course, there are days when my aura is darker, and I crave the electric thrash of rock n roll. Highway to Hell by ACDC sends me on an adventure to battle the darkest parts of myself. Bodies by Drowning Pool sparks my imagination and I see myself walking down the ramp at a wrestling arena ready to decimate my enemy.


          Music allows me to be anything I want to be. It heals me, elevates me, and allows me to release my emotions and demons and in a healthy, stable environment. Each day I travel to another world through my many playlists. My taste in music is unlimited. I love it all. Every genre speaks to me in a different manner. I am grateful for its presence in my life.

© 2020 Briana O'Connor


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Me too dear Briana. Music is my muse. I like the good jazz. The good jazz give me reasons to write. I liked your thoughts and logic. Thank you for sharing your amazing words and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 28, 2020
Last Updated on October 28, 2020

Author

Briana O'Connor
Briana O'Connor

indianapolis, IN



About
Trying to come back to writing! Curious to see who all is still here and what new adventures their are to join! Creativity is my outlet, and I love learning and growing. Do not hesitate to be honest .. more..

Writing