I Plead My Case

I Plead My Case

A Poem by Azure Montessa (Blue)
"

A sinner's plea...

"

 

 

At the cross I plead my case

To You who willingly took my place

Heaven bids me now confess

The beast in me I now profess

And here I kneel before the throne

with sins I've done, secrets now known

all laid out for the Judge to see

Your verdict now awaiting me.

 

At the cross I plead my case

Fearing for my Master's face

I grieve for all the chances lost

Ignorance of a pleasure's cost

Excuses, reasons now prove so lame

Earthly glories fading to shame

Truth withheld and white lies told

Loving the bliss of Satan's hold.

 

At the cross I plead my case

Begging for a drop of grace

Sinful life I have renounced

Your endless love to be announced

Proclaim me guilty for justice's sake

Torment of hell I now shall take

But like to the thief before he died

Remember me where you reside.

 

© 2013 Azure Montessa (Blue)


Author's Note

Azure Montessa (Blue)
I have shown my sentimental, sensual, and suicidal side. Here's a glimpse on the spiritual. :)

Anyway, I have nearly 350 RRs so I have to finish those before accepting RRs again. To be fair, I won't send my RRs in the meantime. This poem will be the last for now.

School break is over so I might not be as active in this site as before. Best wishes to all!! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The structure and style of narration along with the strong choice of words set a perfectly penitential mood in the poem. The rhyming has impacted it with subtlety. It has created a sort of mysticism to reflect the great divide between a living being and the deity. Though it has not clarified what particular sins have been committed, the verse provokes the readers with the foreboding knowing that The Judgment will take place. It is very natural, and this writing has an artistic alluring to express that acceptance of it. If only the brooder found out what difficulties await him in time!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azure Montessa (Blue)

10 Years Ago

Reeti, thank you so much for your detailed and constructive review. One of the best reviews for this.. read more
Reeti

10 Years Ago

It's my pleasure! =)
A very spiritually driven piece. The idea of the cross is meaningful to many religious people and yet it is a red rag to others.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azure Montessa (Blue)

10 Years Ago

Exactly, John. Thank you for your kind review. :)
You have a special poetic talent, Blue, that shines regardless of the theme you choose. This is a very reverent poem, and you have once again proven that you can write very well.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azure Montessa (Blue)

10 Years Ago

Joyce, thank you very much for your kind words! :)
Catharsis of sorts...but very good indeed Blue...you have a gift...utilize it...and inculcate it...I am really glad to have read this piece!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azure Montessa (Blue)

10 Years Ago

Ghosh, wow. Your reviews are really sincere and kind. I can't thank you enough. :)
Amazing poem! I really felt the emotions in this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azure Montessa (Blue)

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Manda! :)
Stunning. I felt as though I sat beside you, my obtrusive ears open to your tender prayers. A lovely write full of honesty and humility. If only we all sat there, pleading his forgiveness. His most beautiful trait is how he always feels you never require his forgiveness. He loves you always. He understands always. He is open to you always. Keep your heart ever blooming.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azure Montessa (Blue)

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your heartwarming review. :)
This is absolutely beautiful. We all should take advice from such powerful words. I, among all of us am also guilty of sins pleasures. Thank God for Jesus, our Lord and Savior who bridged the gap for us. Thank you...I love this!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azure Montessa (Blue)

10 Years Ago

Thank you for letting me know that this piece has touched your soul. :)
It's funny how some of the most spiritual people spend a lot of their lives sinning. I think I qualify for this group. Judgement Day shouldn't really be something to fear, yet I fear it. I've never been able to articulate that emotion, which makes this piece so amazing to me, not just from the thematic standpoint but from a purely literal standpoint. This is an absolute awe-inspiring piece...I can feel the power of these words in my bones. This is not likely to be the only time I read this. Wonderful work my friend :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azure Montessa (Blue)

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! And I feel the same way about the judgment day, actually...
Excellent poem. Good flow, and good story. Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azure Montessa (Blue)

10 Years Ago

Your review is comparatively shorter compared to the others, Doug. Haha. I'm glad you think this as .. read more
This is a a really great poem. Loved the repetition :)
Well done :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azure Montessa (Blue)

10 Years Ago

Annabellee, I love anaphoras. :) Thank you. :)
annabellee

10 Years Ago

you are most welcome :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1563 Views
57 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 9 Libraries
Added on October 31, 2013
Last Updated on November 4, 2013
Tags: sinner, forgiveness, cross. Savior


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..