Intro

Intro

A Chapter by Asad

Why is that when we look back at the things in our life we can only agonisingly watch as we pinpoint the exact moments where things change, unable to do anything but watch the same loop over and over again and each time knowing what should have been done differently only to find going back in time and rectifying a split second decision that, in no way, shape or form anyone can blame you for making in the heat of the moment, that cause you to lose a piece of yourself forever. And almost always you never realise how important those moments were until it is far too late.


Why is that we are told that these moments are lessons that teach us to not repeat these misgivings in the future. But no one tells us that most of the time there is never any going back. That we are doomed to consequences of those decisions and those decisions alone are what define us. And they do.


These fleeting memories are burdens which we can drag along with us or carry proudly on our backs. Maybe if more people said exactly what’s on their mind and were aware that sometimes it’s not easy to for other say what’s on theirs we could avoid making these fleeting moments being the one that define us. I guess what I’m trying to say here that next time tell people exactly what you want from them. To always protect those you love and never give up on them. Don’t ever be afraid to take a chance with your heart even if the whole world is stacked against you. But most of all, don’t ever be afraid to have regrets because we all have them, and it is not those split-second decisions which define us but how we move on and carry on living our lives with our heads held high. So next time someone tell you to have no regrets, smile and tell them it’s a little too late for that but that’s not a problem, not anymore.



© 2015 Asad


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on August 4, 2015
Last Updated on August 4, 2015
Tags: feel good, moments, Regrets


Author

Asad
Asad

Writing
Why? Why?

A Book by Asad