in love?

in love?

A Poem by Ashley
"

makes you think

"
Thinking back to my fondest moments with whom I thought I was in love with at the time, I realize now that sometimes you have to decide whether you are in love with the moment or the person.  The thought of the person, yes, is pretty great but it has become so much clearer to me that I yearned for the loving I knew they could provide, not exactly them themselves. From the way I was hugged, to how we messed around, it was great, but I know in my heart that it was all in the moment itself, instead. I loved how I felt so purely happy and filled with so much emotion, and now I do sometimes still hope I feel like that when I am with them, but if this makes any sense at all, it wasn't them, and it isn't. I know it could be recreated with someone so dear to me who I now know would give off a vibe for everything to feel THAT GOOD. So, all in all, I would say check your feelings, because it really could be what the moment surrounds you with, rather than the person.

© 2017 Ashley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can really relate to this, and have been asking myself a lot of the questions I feel like you yourself were asking. Very well written, and it allows your readers to relate you you easily. I like this.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 23, 2017
Last Updated on January 23, 2017

Author

Ashley
Ashley

Merritt Island, FL



About
in love with life more..

Writing
Her Her

A Poem by Ashley


Glasses Glasses

A Poem by Ashley