The Magic Kitten #1

The Magic Kitten #1

A Chapter by Ash & Lily
"

by Ash

"
   Once there was a very small white kitten with blue eyes. The kitten was very scared. She was in a dark ally with four black scraggly cats trapping her in a corner. 
   Then two of the cats yowled. All five cats heard the footsteps pounding on the floor of the alley. The four black cats jumped onto the roof. The kitten tried and tried to jump onto the roof but she was to small. 
   Suddenly a net captured the kitten. She scrambled to get free but she couldn't. She was thrown into a big cage and then the cage started moving. 
   After a few minutes the doors of the cage opened and she was put into another cage. She was brought into a big room with lots of little cages. She noticed that most of the cages had animals in them. She was put into a cage next to a scary dog.  The kitten ran to the corner of the cage and sat there shivering in fright. She heard the big doors of the room slam and realized that the humans were gone. 
   The closest cat to her asked, " How did you get captured?" The cat was old enough to be her mom. She was brown with white spots. "I was in an alley and couldn't get out." The kitten said. 
   "Oh my." The cat said. "Well I'm Speckle. What's your name, sweetie?"  
   "I'm Snowdrop." The kitten said. 
   Speckle purred. "Well Snowdrop, your so cute I doubt you'll be here for long." 
   "What do you mean?" Snowdrop asked, feeling nervous. 
   "Little kids and some older folk come here to get pets. Most people get pets that are cute. Little kittens like you get chosen quickly." Spekle chuckled. Suddenly the big doors opened. "Here's someone now." Speckle announced. 
   A little girl came in with the pound catcher and her mother behind her. "OK Rosa, no dogs. Your father's allergic. Hurry up. We have to be home in ten minutes." The girl's mother said. 
   "Ok mother." Rosa said. Rosa ran straight to the cat section. Now Snowdrop saw Rosa clearly. She was really pretty with wavy brown hair and pure blue eyes. 
   Rosa caught sight of Snowdrop and petted her with two fingers. Snowdrop purred. Rosa shouted out, "Mother, I want this one!" 
   "Ok darling." 
   The pound catcher took a pet carrier off the wall and went to the cage. He opened the cage and put Snowdrop in the Carrier. 
   "I told you so." Speckle said. 
   The pound catcher gave Rosa's mother the carrier. Then the pound catcher, Rosa and Rosa's mother walked out of the room. 
   They entered the lobby. Rosa's mother took some money out of her purse and set it on the counter. The pounds catcher gave Rosa a pink collar and leash both with diamonds on them. 
   Rosa and her mother walked out to a waiting limousine. It was black and very long. A man opened one of the doors. Rosa stepped inside, followed by her mother. The man closed the door and walked around the car to the driver's seat. 
   Rosa took the carrier from her mother. She walked to the very back and closed the curtain to block the very back from view. Then she sat down. She took the collar and set it next to her. She opened the door of the carrier and Snowdrop climbed out and sat on Rosa's lap. Rosa grabbed the collar and put it on Snowdrop. 
   "What should I call you?" Rosa murmured. "Your fur is white just like snow. Snowy? No. Snowflake? No. Maybe... Snowdrop? " 
   At that Snowdrop purred. "Snowdrop it is then." Rosa said. She attached the leash to Snowdrop's collar. Then she hit a button on the table. A tray of cat cleaning supplies came up. She grabbed a bar of soap and put Snowdrop into a tub of water. 
   Snowdrop stayed in. This water is is cool and refreshing. Not like the dirty water on the streets. I like it, Snowdrop thinks. 
   Rosa takes the bar of soap and rubs it all over Snowdrop. Rosa pulls Snowdrop out of the water and dries her off. Rosa takes a brush and starts brushing Snowdrop's fur. A few minutes later she sets the brush down and says, " Done." She sets Snowdrop onto her lap and strokes her. 
   Rosa's mother calls to her. "Rosa! I hope you're done cleaning that cat. We're home!" 
   "OK mother." Rosa calls back. She puts Snowdrop back into the carrier. She carries the carrier out of the car and into a big castle. 
   "Set the cat in your room and then come down to greet the guests," Rosa's mother said. 
   "Yes mother." Rosa said. Rosa walked through a small door almost invisible to anyone who didn't know it was there. It led to a very big room almost as big as a small house. There was a bed on the far wall in the middle. On one side there were a couple of steps up to a stage. On the other side there was an area with a carpet some beanbags a couch and two bookshelves with books. There was another area with some toys. And yet another area with a desk. 
   Rosa sets the carrier on the bed and says, "Wait here Snowdrop. I'll be back." Then she leaves the room. Snowdrop lays down and falls asleep. 
   Later Rosa comes back to her room. She opens the carrier door and then walks to a bookshelf. She spots something. " I'm sure I've never seen this book before." Rosa pulls out the book and sits down on the beanbag. Snowdrop has woken up and now she comes and sits on Rosa's lap. Rosa opens the book and an old looking scroll falls out. 
   Rosa sets the book down and picks up the scroll. The scroll says, For ye whom finds this scroll, you have the missing cat who's far from home. Use her power and find the clues to take her home. Here be the first clue. Go to the center of the darkest forest, where rays of light show you the golden cat. 
   Rosa set the scroll down and said," Wow." 
   Just then Rosa heard a knock on the door. "Rosa, it's time to take Snowdrop to the vet." Rosa's mother said. 
   "Coming mother." Rosa said.


© 2016 Ash & Lily


Author's Note

Ash & Lily
Part 1. Hope you like!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on July 12, 2016
Last Updated on July 15, 2016


Author

Ash & Lily
Ash & Lily

About
We're two girls that work on collaboration stories. Hope you like our writing! more..

Writing
Quotes Quotes

A Poem by Ash & Lily


Families Families

A Chapter by Ash & Lily


The Prophecy The Prophecy

A Chapter by Ash & Lily