The Path

The Path

A Chapter by Vi Nguyen
"

My faith in Jesus Christ, the Lord. The path of my life, the path I want to achieve in my life.

"

The question that I am wondering for the last 2 years is about "The Path in my life."  I am now in my early 30s. I am at the stage of my life where I believe I already establish a foundation for my life.  I believe that I need to set myself a direction in life.  For the last 2 years, 2010 to 2012, I approach a question of define my path in my life.  This question is not necessary a one day answer, but it is a journal of life to try to answer it.  I raise the question "The Path" for me to reflect myself of my past, live my life in present time, and my future.  Because I need to be clear of where have I been in my life, and where am I going now, and what my future will lead me to.

I am Catholic, and I believe in Jesus Christ, Virgin Mary, Joseph, and saints.  At one point in my life, I raised a question of "Catholic and Christians" which I never really have the answer for my curiosity.

I feel that I want to write this book along the way to answer myself some of the critical questions that I approach in life. I want to live free will, and I want to find the answers to fulfill my life. Sometime, I run into problem of contradict myself with certain concept of life.  I hope by writing in everyday life help me to find the answers for my curiosity.

I want to explore and discover new path, that is, I want to find people of Jerusalem, Israel.  I want to follow the people of Jerusalem. I pray for the peace of Jerusalem, Psalm 122:6.

It is a new path in my life that I want to look into it. I want to find new opportunity to discover the Jewish life, the Jerusalem, Israel. It is a new cultures, languages, lifestyles, and ethnic that I want to nurture and grow with. I should take every opportunity to get involve with them in my community, and to learn about them through media, or else.

I believe that my Asian cultures, languages, and lifestyles rooted in my body, blood and spirit. I am tradition Asian, Vietnamese.  I feel that I am in search for new path like I am entering new horizon of the cultures, languages, and ethnic that I am unfamiliar with. In searching path to get to know Jewish and the people of Jerusalem, Israel becomes a new path for me in my life. I am hoping to go forth for the rest of my life to discover the people of Jerusalem, Israel.  It is probably not easy for me to have a clear picture of where I am going now.  But I am searching for this path throughout my life from now on, so that I can write about it. I came from far away land. It took my whole life to get to where I am right now. It will take my whole life to discover what God has in store for me.  I believe that there is a connection that I can make in my lifetime with the

I should take a stand for something in my life, I should follow certain path in my life, so that I can accomplish something in my lifetime. I figure I should follow Jerusalem, the Holy Land, the place of God promises to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob the land of milky and honey. I will plan a tree in Israel for this time of the year, it is the month of April 2013, the time that I have courage to start this book.  I choose the credible Jewish National Fund organization to plant my tree in Israel.

I support International Fellowship of Christians and Jews for several years now, I still feel like to continue support this organization.  I feel happy to receive their mail each month.  It reminds me of the people from around the world still make journal to their homeland, Israel. I remembered I saw the program on TV in 2000, and since then I support the organization financially and spiritually. I come a long way to find path to Jerusalem. I can see that there only a few times in my life that I get to be with Jewish, Israel. But I am grateful.  I might not have a lot of chance to meet people from Jerusalem, Israel. But I know Jewish people live here in my community. I hope I have more opportunity to meet them throughout my life as I write this book.  I once bought a statue of Joseph with Jesus Christ, and rosary from a gentleman came from Jerusalem, Israel. It was in 2010 around Christmas time. I recite the rosary each day, and I feel connect with Jerusalem. I feel bless from the Lord that I get to meet people from Jerusalem.

 

It will be lifelong learning experiences for me as I enter my life into discover Jerusalem, Israel. I am certain that I am lucky to live in the United States of America, and I have opportunity to know explore the new country from my perspective. I want to write this book for myself and others to reflect on the journal of life that I go through. I am hoping something amazing that I will discover from the ancient society of Jerusalem that will benefit me and others who read it.  I am thinking that there are not a lot of people in Vietnam or whom from similar background as me to write about journal of life.  Maybe I am taping into resources that the world is searching for. I can see that it is a vision that I have to stand for Jerusalem.  Not everyone agree with me on my perspective of life.  But I think I want to write a book for others to read.  It is a resource for others. It is my treasure in life. I love the ideas that others will have in their collection.

I feel like I am challenging myself to define the path in my life. I want to look at life with certain scope of life. First of all, I want to write about the path I took in my life, 33 years of my life. That shouldn't be too hard, but I think I need to write everyday so that I can better understand my path in the past.  My thought process might be wild, and I think I might want to write this book so that I can express myself thoughtfully and safely. I think I have many ideas in my mind that I need to bring to light. I need to write these ideas so that I can clear up my mind. I want to each day to write my thought that will help me to better understand myself.

Each person has his/her own path in life, no one has the same path. It is dangerous to follow other people path. It is important for me to clearly define my path to go forth so that I don't get lost in the world. For instance, I choose Jerusalem to be the place that I pray for peace in the name of Jesus Christ.

 



© 2013 Vi Nguyen


Author's Note

Vi Nguyen
Feel free to give feedback, critique, and correct my gramma and punctuation.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on April 29, 2013
Last Updated on April 29, 2013
Tags: path, Jesus Christ


Author

Vi Nguyen
Vi Nguyen

portland, OR



About
My name is Vi Nguyen. I love write poems, and I want to share my essay with people. I like to hear feedback from people. more..

Writing
The Path The Path

A Book by Vi Nguyen