Chapter 1.

Chapter 1.

A Chapter by selfportrait

“I haven’t given up on you. I have to let you go.”

            This simple sentence, made up of 12 words, 17 syllables and one unknown meaning behind it, is what keeps replaying over and over in my mind. Ever since that day. The day my deep brown eyes met his blue ones knowing something wasn’t right. The day my shoulder length auburn hair blew frantically in the wind. Also the day I stood there stiff as a board as my body swayed slowly in the wind. Unmoved, Untouched, Unreachable. With no right way to react I did what I normally would have done, gripping onto my body tightly as if parts of me were falling to the ground in front of me, and I needed to hold them in place. Keep them intact even if it was difficult to do. My world was falling apart. But just to think that a year and six months ago it was all perfect. Or so I believed.

 

My relationship with Tom DeLuca started off just like many do we met on a occasion. Both him and I, Leia Arber had attended this party our friends set up. I remember well because it was such a weird themed party the ‘Everyone Birthday Party’ It was a celebration for everyone, and a sad excuse to get extremely drunk. A birthday party with no cards, just verbal thanks and gifts. I remember watching him from across the room, his dark grey Marc Jacobs suit hung on him like he was somewhere formal, but the beer in his hand made Tom look like an over worked office man in need of a break. So being the nice girl that I was I walked over to him and introduced myself. “Leia Arber, nice to meet you. Oh, and happy birthday.” I joked casually as I held out my free hand. From up close Tom’s features were more defined, he was a truly handsome man. His smile when I introduced myself blew me away. It was the kind of friendly smile where it seemed like they knew you from somewhere before, But I for sure never met him before. He had a face I’d never forget.

 

He shook my hand and looked at me again. “Tom Deluca, nice to meet you Leia and happy birthday as well.” Tom told me lingering as she shook my hand until we both noticed. I allowed my hand to fall to my side, as my cheeks fill with a light shade of red. I crossed my arms across my chest and took a long drink from the bitter beer I had been nursing all night. As the night grew longer Tom and I couldn’t of been bothered with what was going on around us, it was like we were in our own personal bubble. We were both too caught up in talking , and learning from each other to even care. But our time came to a close when his drunk friend interrupted us saying that the party was over.  Both Tom and myself hadn’t noticed. We parted ways with a hug, and a smile which was planted on my face. Slowly I came to the realization that we hadn’t had one another’s number. The whole time it never slipped up in our conversation. I had began to regret it, thinking that it was a sign telling me “A conversation was all it was ever going to be.”



© 2008 selfportrait


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LSS
Your story 'Hidden Meanings' was such a hit, you will find it hard to repeat it. It seems as if you are struggling with this story, though, like you are trying to form the images in your mind of where the story is going. I usually try to write out a short outline sometimes when there is too much info. to gather the story together one place. At other times I just jot down salient facts as they come to me, and I reorganize them later into story form. In this story you seem to have problems with pronouns and sentence order at times, and what you say in your by-line about never finishing anything may extend to editing or polishing up a piece.
I certainly believe that this story is worth the save. Having seen the extent of your talent, I know you can easily polish this into another winner. In fact I would be surprised if you haven't already got it roughed out in your mind and need only time to pen it. will be waiting to read your further chapters and its completion.
Lar


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 24, 2008


Author

selfportrait
selfportrait

Welland, Canada



About
I never finish everything I write. But I want to change that. I'm 17, happy with life. No need to change a thing. more..

Writing