Rainy day ....

Rainy day ....

A Story by AIMEE

Not even the most flamboyant, emotive phrase I've ever heard or felt before could describe this moment. With the Fray's "Absolute" playing over the radio, I focused on keeping my straying thoughts away from might-have-beens secretly tantalizing my vulnerable heart.
"Opportunities run through my fingers as grains of sand would do, longing, hoping for someday soons that never materialize. They fade gently away in the rising fog, and as I awake in the morning, the reality squelches all I'd ever known of genuine, symphonic joy."
I crumpled the notebook paper and settled my eyes on the rain streaked windowpane. It seemed beautiful, but not very comforting, as though the weather was attempting to block my view of seeing the gloomy, brown landscape beyond.
I didn't mind. 
As long as my heart refocused on anything but that song.....and the deep pit in my stomach or was it my soul? that no sound instruction or dancing flattery could satisfy. 

© 2011 AIMEE


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Great final line...stupendous. You've got a true gift for description in their preferred, distilled, form. Very interesting and enlightening.

Excellent work...

Steel

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 9, 2011
Last Updated on March 9, 2011

Author

AIMEE
AIMEE

Writing
His Joy His Joy

A Poem by AIMEE


Carefree. Carefree.

A Poem by AIMEE


Fearless. Fearless.

A Story by AIMEE