Dreams Differ from Reality

Dreams Differ from Reality

A Story by Autumn
"

Dreams are paradise when compared to the hell of reality.

"

Perhaps it was a dream, she thought. Perhaps if she pinched herself, she would wake up. But she didn’t want to wake up. She wanted to stay in this dream world where he was there. She could see his beautiful sea orbs. Her fingers could run through his silky hair, along with dance across his caramel skin. The best part about this dream was she was able to hear his voice. It was like cool water pouring over her on a hot summer day. She could just listen to him ramble on for days. His thought process was mesmerizing. It could keep her enraptured, never losing her attention. She wanted to know everything she could about him. She wished she was able to stay in this dream world forever; reality was a deadly blow to the head.

As she awoke, her eyes fluttered open to see his eyes stare lovingly at her. She placed her shaky hand on top of his chilly one. “Please, please wake up. It’s been a week. The doctors keep telling me that you should have woken up by now, but I shouldn’t worry too much since brain activity is still present.” She wiped tears from her wet cheeks and sniffled. “You may be somewhere in there still, listening to me. If you are, listen closely to this: I need you, handsome. You are everything to me: the air I breathe, the water I drink, the shelter I seek, and my heart that beats. I cannot live without you. If you don’t want to live for yourself, live for me.”

Suddenly, the steady beat began to rapidly speed up. Numerous people in scrub uniforms ran into the room. “No! No! Stay!” she screamed as she was dragged out of the room. The last thing she heard was one continuous, devastating beep before he was out of sight.

© 2018 Autumn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is heartbreakingly beautiful

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
1 Review
Added on March 19, 2018
Last Updated on March 19, 2018
Tags: love, heartbreak, sad, cute, dreams, reality, hope

Author

Autumn
Autumn

TN



Writing
She's mine. She's mine.

A Story by Autumn


Travel Travel

A Story by Autumn