Chapter Two - Aiden

Chapter Two - Aiden

A Chapter by ~AmateurWriter
"

[this chapter is unfinished]

"

Aiden

I stared down at the human in front of me, laughing. She was so weak and I had so much power over her. It was a sickening joy over having power but it was different because I was always the one being controlled.

I walked out of the room, shaking off my glamour. "She's not going to be very cooperative, Father," I said.

"I didn't expect so," he replied in his annoying British accent.

"What will we do with her?" I asked, trying to hide my annoyance. The whole point of kidnapping the useless human was lost to me.

"Do I have to keep reminding you? She has something I need. Information. DNA. Get it?" he replied. He was pacing back and forth, making me nervous.

“Yes, I get it, father,” I replied as calmly as I could, “but do you really think she’ll give us any information?”

“You got her here, didn’t you?”

“I never said I’d do more than that.”

“Aiden…” my father started but let his sentence trail off and started to pace again. “Oh you just want to hear me say this don’t you?” he mumbled.

“Say what?” I asked, pretending not to know what he meant.

“Aiden…I need you,” he mumbled under his breath.

“What was that?” I knew that my father knew that I was enjoying what little power I had over him

“I need you. Okay? I need you to dig in her memories for me and I can’t do this without you,” he replied, frustration clear in his tone.

“Alright then, I’ll help you. But for a price.”

 

I stared down at the girl as she layed there, blonde hair splayed out across her pillow. She was so young, so oblivious to the world that quietly existed around her.

Her eyes started to flutter slowly and she was soon awake. Once her eyes had focused on me, she flinched severely and started shaking as if I might reach out and stab her. What kind of crazy person would do that?

Oh, wait: I had done that. For a second I was ashamed of myself for hurting a defenseless person but the shame quickly vanished. My father was depending on me for the first time in my life and that mattered more to me than feeling sorry for the human girl who had to deal with consequences meant for her ancestors.

“Sit still and stop your flinching,” I told her harshly, dropping the nice act that I’d used to lure her. Annie calmed herself as much as she could and glanced over at me. The look in her eyes was one of fear but also hatred, as if she knew just what my father and I were planning.

“What do you want from me?” she asked again, like she had before I’d made her sleep.

I smiled slyly. “A number of things,” I told her. Annie’s eyes narrowed as she eyed me suspiciously. That’s what I wanted"to make her tick and test her nerves. Watching her squirm and anticipate her fate was a sick joy to me.

“If you’re going to kill me, go ahead. Get it over with,” Annie almost spat, scowling at me with hatred. I chuckled, finding her bravery and willingness to die amusing.

“If I wanted to kill you, you’d be dead,” I whispered, leaning in close to her. Those words really shut her up but she still didn’t look scared. I was sure she was but  she just refused to let me see her fear. “Are you scared?” I asked.

Annie glared at me steadily for a moment before suddenly sitting up and snapping her teeth at me as if she might take a chunk out of me. I jumped slightly before composing myself and pinning her shoulders down. “Don’t act like an animal now, Annie.” I chuckled bitterly at my own joke.

“You either. Oh, I forgot you are one,” Annie snarled. She seemed to have lost her little innocent girl act completely.

“Not an animal,” I corrected, irritated. “I’m a shifter.”

Annie sat back, looking satisfied, and smiled. It was only then that I noticed what she’d done. What a clever girl, weaseling information out of me. “Clever. But if you valued your life, you’d watch your mouth,” I told her, leaning away from her again so that I was sitting upright.

“You won’t kill me. You need me.” The words were almost inaudible to human ears but my hearing was much more advanced than humans and I heard her clearly. She lay there, looking smug and I had an urge to inflict pain on her.

“Wrong. I don’t need you. Don’t be sure I won’t break your neck and feed you to the hogs we breed,” I growled. I thought I might actually do just that and took a deep breath, forcing my temper back down somewhere I couldn’t reach it.



© 2010 ~AmateurWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

very interesting and well written. keep writing!! i cant wait to read what happens next :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
1 Review
Added on February 27, 2010
Last Updated on May 2, 2010


Author

~AmateurWriter
~AmateurWriter

NC



About
The name's Aliyah[Lia]. I'm fifteen & a sophomore in high school. I'm an aspiring author. I love to read, write, draw, and do things that teens do. Check out my stuff :) Don't click here! Thing.. more..

Writing