'UN-INVITED' Threat

'UN-INVITED' Threat

A Chapter by ayan AKA artemis

CHAPTER 1 - 'UN-INVITED' Threat

 

 

(TING TONG) the front doorbell rang.

 

Jade opened the front door; on the doorstep stood a man in his 40s, wearing a white shirt with a logo reading 'Norman Couriers', waiting with a parcel in his hands. He signed the sheet, took the parcel, and closed the door. He ripped off the top and took out an invitation card.

 

"We have been cordially invited to attend a wedding ceremony of Ellie and Russell in Nottingham, this invitation is from Rick Mursel," said Jade reading the invitation. "Ever heard of him?" he asked.

 

"I guess he's our dad's ol' mate, hold on, I'll browse the net, and we might get some info on him." Harry said.

 

"According to my sources, that guy is a multi - millionaire business tycoon living in Florida. He has 3 daughters Mary, Ellie and Bella. It is said that Mary's fiancé had a heart stroke and died approx. 14 hrs before the marriage. There is also a family heirloom which has passed from generation to generation and its worth around 100 billion euros, I guess whoever steals it hits the jackpot."

 

Harry a young blond guy of 18 and his younger brother Jade are the sons of the famous Henry Lewis, the finest private investigator in the Castilla city. Harry is a techno-crazed guy, whereas Jade has more faith in his knuckles than his fingertips. Both of them are well built and have inherited the investigating talent from their father. They also have a sister, Eloise who also plays an important part in this story.

 

"Quite strange for a multi - millionaire to be our dad's ol' pal." Jade said.

 

"Yea, just like you being my brother. Speaking of pops he must be home by now, its 8:30 already." Harry said ignoring his brother's glare.

 

(TING TONG)

 

"I'll open it, it must be dad." Harry said.

 

Harry opens the door and sees his father with his usual grin waiting outside.

 

"How's my favorite son?" Mr. Lewis said.

 

"Same as my favorite dad." replied Harry with a grin.

 

"I am your only dad though and did you and Judy finish up you school assignments for today?" Mr. Lewis asked his sons.

 

"Hey dad, we received a parcel from Rick Mursel this afternoon, we figured he must be your ol' pal from high school." Harry said to his dad.

 

"Ahh! Rickie, we used to be best pals until 12th grade. How I missed those days, those nights I spent with him… - "What" interrupted Harry and Jade before he could complete his sentence - "playing soccer blockheads" said Mr. Lewis annoyed by the interruption and misinterpretation by his sons.

 

"Oh! When's the party anyways dad?" Jade asked.

 

"I guess using 'wedding' over 'party' would be a bit more appropriate and its on 22nd February." Mr. Lewis said to his sons.

 

The Lewis family ate their dinner with their usual conversations. They switched off the TV as nothing worth watching was coming on it.

 

"Bring Crox inside, I guess it's gonna rain all night" Mr. Lewis said to Jade.

 

Crox was a young spaniel of about 5 years and 7 months. Harry and Mr. Lewis had bought him from a pet shop as a birthday gift for Jade. From then on, Crox had been a part of the family. After bringing Crox inside Jade asked, "Dad can we please bring Crox along with us to the wedding."

 

"I guess so, though I have to confirm it with Rickie and the hotel manager if its okay to bring Crox along. Even your mom and your dear sister would be accompanying you along." Mr. Lewis replied.

 

"Pest Alert!" said Harry and Jade mockingly.

 

"Aww, come on your sis isn't that bad is she?" Mr. Lewis asked his sons.

 

"No, no of course not she is a Devil In Disguise." said Jade.

 

"Anyways, will they come directly or they’ll come home first and when will we be leaving for the wedding?" Harry asked his dad.

 

"They will be arriving here first and we'll leave together for Florida on 17th January." Mr. Lewis said.

 

"K, did you hook any new case today dad?" Jade asked.

 

"Well, now since you have mentioned it, I hooked one and I'll be gone for a few days, you boys with your mom and your sis go ahead, I'll join you there in the wedding as soon as my case finishes." Mr. Lewis said.

 

After finishing of their dinner, the boys washed up their plates, changed their clothes and went upstairs to hit the bed.

 

"Peace at last!" they exclaimed before hitting the bed.

 

Even before their heads touched the pillows, a CRASHING noise awoke them.

 

"What the heavens!" Jade exclaimed, immediately getting up and running downstairs followed by his brother.

 

"What's this?" said Harry picking up the rock, which had broken their window and their sleep.

 

"It's a rock." Jade said with a grin.

 

"Ha! I didn’t realize it, thanks brother." Harry said sarcastically.

 

"Anytime." replied Jade.

 

"Hey look, there is a string attached with it to a paper." Harry said surprised. He picked up the piece of paper and read the NOTE on it aloud.

 

ATTEND THE WEDDING AND YOU WON'T LEAVE IN ONE PIECE.

 

"What does that even mean?" Harry said puzzled by the threat.

 

"That obviously means whoever wrote it would chop us into pieces if we dare attend the wedding" Jade remarked.

 

"Can you please cut the crap and come to a proper conclusion." Harry retorted.

 

"What's on earth is happening in this house and will you two please stop arguing for god's sake." said Mr. Lewis entering the hall awakened by the crash.

 

"Have a look at this dad." Harry said showing him the crumpled piece of paper.

 

Mr. Lewis took the crumpled letter from Harry's hands and read it. After reading the letter, Mr. Lewis said, "Now I don’t think attending the wedding is such a great idea after all, I guess we can leave it. It's too dangerous to go there for you boys."

 

"I think we must attend the wedding." Harry said "I guess whoever wrote this letter would be creating some trouble in the wedding and he just wants to stop us from attending the wedding so his plan would work without a hitch, I say we go for it." he concluded.

 

"There goes Mr. Analyst" commented Jade. "And dad, trouble doesn’t go looking for us, we hunt it ourselves." he added.

 

"I still believe in 'don’t trouble trouble until trouble troubles you', fine do as you wish, but be careful to deal with this trouble." Mr. Lewis said concerned.

 

"Well so much for one night, I'm hitting the bunk." Jade said drowsily.

 

"Same here, Good Night dad." Harry said.

 

"Good Morning Boys, its 6:10 already." Mr. Lewis said with a smirk.

 

"Yo this one, LOL!" Jade piped in.


"I don’t give a darn. Tell the sun to take his rays and go to hell." Harry said.


 




© 2014 ayan AKA artemis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on December 21, 2014
Last Updated on December 21, 2014


Author

ayan AKA artemis
ayan AKA artemis

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates



About
I am not sure but I guess I am just a born writer more..

Writing
RAID RAID

A Chapter by ayan AKA artemis