Unseen Lights

Unseen Lights

A Poem by Azurel

"... The Great Sun has already settled down. The sea is now decorated with countless sparkling lights, whilst there are golden rays remained in the starry sky - vestiges of the presence of a glorious day. The transparent figures dancing on the water surface are not mist - they are wandering souls lured by the moon, and now are gently led home by the wind. Far away, at the seemingly endless horizon, a small fishing boat is peacefully heading to an unknown destination... Such fanciful scenery is rarely provided by Mother of Nature, and it is my great fortune to admire it..."
As the artist wrote down these notes, it was for certain that he would never be able to catch a glimpse of the flickering lights from a cottage on the nearby cape. There, in that tiny cottage, a little girl was rocking her baby brother to sleep, while looking fixedly at the sky above. She wondered where her father would be in the vast ocean then, and again looked at the shining stars to make prayers for him... Her obsessive words was carried away by the wind. It drawed up on the artist's hair for a moment, hoping to be heard, but then had to leave in disappointment, since the illusory night scene had already taken up his mind.

© 2015 Azurel


Author's Note

Azurel
It was just my spiral thoughts in a silent night.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on October 15, 2015
Last Updated on October 15, 2015

Author

Azurel
Azurel

Tomoe Gakuen, Vietnam, Vietnam



About
A wanderer in the world of stories an life. more..

Writing
Written Heart Written Heart

A Story by Azurel