Lynn and Ms. B

Lynn and Ms. B

A Story by Sami

Her dark brown eyes stare deeply out the frost covered window. Mesmorized by the dancing snowflakes twirling down from the white sky. One by one she watched in slow motion as they tap the ground.

 

Shes waiting for her dad to come home. Everyday it appears he arrives later and later to the country side yellow house. Today its 6:27 when the door swings open and a brief case is slammed on the coffee table. The little girl is aware of whats going on, but yet she still waits and watches the snow. Finally as if he remembers he has a daughter, he strolls over to the window, pets her brown curly hair and goes into the study mumbling under his breath. The only word she manages to catch is her name. Lynn.

 

Everyday its the same routine. Until one day he doesn't return home from "work". Days pass, eventually a neighbor down the road starts to walk up the long driveway. Lynn is still gazing out the front window. She watches a friendly looking lady slowly approach the house. She doesn't bother to move until she can make out the detailed pattern of flowers on the ladies dress. When the doorbell rings Lynn decides to move. Hesitantly she opens the door. Lynn peaks her head around the front door. Softly she says "Hello." Theres a long pause, Lynn clears her throat and speaks again. "Hello ma'am". The lady never answers, instead she gently pushes the door open and walks inside. Confused Lynn speaks louder. "Ma'am?" Finally, she respondes "Yes dear."

 

The two converse for a few moments discussing general topics a seven year old girl would be interested in. Lynn asks her name and discovers its too long to even attempt to pronounce. So on the safer side she calls her Ms. B. Lynn walks down the hall and into the kitchen, making sure she touches the wall as she walks. It becomes obvious to Ms. B that Lynn faces challenges daily. "Child, why do you touch the wall when you walk?" Lynn breathes in slowly and beings her story.

 

She explains her situation from day one. The day she was born. It turns out Lynn had the "perfect" family as a toddler. She had a mother that loved her dearly and a hard working father. However, when Lynn came into the world she ruined the "perfect" in the family. She was suppose to be a happy, healthy baby. Which was almost true, except the fact that she was born legally blind. Lynn has tunnel vision, which means she can see but its limited. a year or two after Lynn arrived into the world her mother decided it was too much to handle, so she left, and every since then her father quit his job to find her. As Lynn continued her story a tear fell from her eye as she ended finished her story with; "Now daddy has taken a permanet job looking for mom." Ms. B is in tears, she holds the little girl as they cry together.

 

At this point its dark out, and the stars are starting to say hello with their twinkling ways. "Lynn would like dinner at my house tonight?" 

 

"Can I have dinner at your house forever Ms. B?"

 

"Of course."

 

The two walk out the front door hand in hand. 

© 2011 Sami


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on February 20, 2011
Last Updated on February 28, 2011

Author

Sami
Sami

MI



About
Some may call writing in my notebook an obsession but I'm just a Highschool student who got into writing. I also draw and paint. Music plays a big part in my life. I don't usually do anything without .. more..

Writing
The Woman The Woman

A Poem by Sami


Secret Escape Secret Escape

A Story by Sami


Freedom Freedom

A Poem by Sami