The Hunt

The Hunt

A Chapter by Megan

“Don’t even think about it.” I growl.

        “What are you talking about, darling?” Snap growls back.

        “This is the last hunt of the season. We can’t mess up, father won’t be proud of us if we fail and let the clan starve.”

        “Whatever you say Kaya,” Snap says and follows my lead.

        I can’t believe I’m finally taking my exam! It would make it better if Snap wasn’t here but he is. That little runt, he better not mess this up for me. Father is watching somewhere, making sure we’re doing everything right.

        “To your right!” I yell to the rest of my pack.

        We find her. The doe and her mate, we’ll get the buck for my brother’s wedding and give the doe to the clan.

        “Keep going, we almost got her!” Snap yells.

        (Kaya-Oldest sister)

“Stop!!” I shout.

        “What is it this time Luna?” Snap...Snapped at me.

        “This is NOT your PACK! DOWN!”

        Snap whimpers then growls.

        “You want challenge me today?” I ask.

        “I-“

        “Go home. I’ll deal with you there.” I snarl at him.

        Snap starts running towards the village, then he skids to a stop turns and howls, startling the buck and the doe.

        “I’m going to tear his tail off and shove it down his throat.” I growl under my breath.

        “Yes, your brother is very annoying. Now let’s go Luna, looks like it’s going to be a chase instead of a hunt.” Kila calms me.

        “You’re right, let’s go.”

        We start running in formation then I give the signal.

        “He-he-heyu,”   I whisper.

        We broke out of our formation and surrounded the buck and doe. Jenki and Nikko went ahead to trap them in the front. While Kila, Kid, Mio, Hay, and I made a circle, no gaps for the deer to escape.  

        “We got them Boss,” Kid says.

        “Come on, I’m getting hungry.” I say.

        “Let’s do this!” Mio growls.

        “Ahh man, this is my favorite part!” Hay snarls, psyching herself up as we circle our prey.

        “Who’s gonna save you now?” Kila smirks.

        “Jenki, Nikko, get ready they’re heading for you.”

        “We go it Boss, don’t worry.” Nikko says.

        We tear up the dirt as we run headfirst towards the deer. Nikko gets there first; he heads straight for the buck.

        “Uh-oh, there he goes again,” Mio says with an evil smile.

        “Nikko! Wait for us!” I hiss.

        Too late, the buck charges at him. I shoot forward and jump on the buck.

        “Nikko! Luna!” the rest of the pack screamed in horror as Nikko and I kind of wrestled with the buck.

        “Hay-Hay, Mio, and Kid get the doe before she runs off. Jenki, Kila, help this idiot and me.” I shouted through a mouthful of buck.

        “We’re coming Boss.” Kila says.

        The buck starts swinging me around but I just chomp onto his neck harder, I am not going to shame my family.

        Kila and Jenki bite at his legs until he goes down, then we finish him off.

        “Nikko, you could’ve been killed. Never do that again, you gave us a heart attack.” I say walking up to him after we transformed back to human.

        “No, I gave YOU a heart attack. The rest sat there and watched. Anyways I knew you’d save the day.” He says smiling.

        “Well, now I have to go and kill my little brother. Tell the rest to give the buck to my dad so he can do what he does best and give the doe to Chili, she’ll spice and add some stuff to make it look bigger. It actually might feed the whole clan.” I say after losing my breath from that smile.

        “You got it boss.” Nikko calls over his shoulder, as he picks up the doe effortlessly.

        I sigh and turn-

        “You’re drooling,” A smiling Kila says teasingly as the rest turn towards the buck.

        I need help. I shake my head and join them.



© 2014 Megan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on November 2, 2014
Last Updated on November 2, 2014


Author

Megan
Megan

Chico, CA



About
I'm not a good writer but i love to write!! more..

Writing
Luna Luna

A Book by Megan


Words Words

A Poem by Megan


Lies Lies

A Poem by Megan