Forgiving someone else to give you peace.

Forgiving someone else to give you peace.

A Story by Strong Queen
"

Forgiveness is for me

"

 Forgiving someone else to give you peace.

Something I don’t talk much about is my childhood, simply because it for years left me feeling hurt, lost and angry.

Something happened to me in my teenage years that I for years tried to forget.

A close friend of the family took advantage of me, as much as it broke me �" what really hurt me and made me angry for a long time was that instead of my family having my back they blamed me and kept this friend in their life.

For years I took on the blame my family had put on me. I felt so much shame that I was this person who let someone rape me and that it was all my fault.

It took me years to realize that I didn’t do anything wrong, to forgive myself. The hardest part was forgiving my family, letting go of the anger and the disappointment.

It took me a long time to come to terms with that forgiving my family was for me not for them. It was to give myself peace and had absolutely nothing to do with them.

I know they didn’t do me right, if I think back on it now I don’t feel angry, hurt or shame anymore and I know it was my parents loss not mine.

The peace it gives you inside to just let it go is amazing, it lets you breathe in a whole new way.

Because I for years let that shame effect every relationship I was in, I would always feel not good enough because of the shame. But the shame is not on me but on the person who did me wrong and my family who didn’t have my back.

I have no guilt because I did NOTHING wrong. I was an innocent teenager taken advantage of….You know what I am I’m a warrior because despite that I’m a strong loving beautiful person.

© 2021 Strong Queen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It can be very difficult to forgive, but I've no doubt that it frees us once we do. Your story is similar to my oldest sister's, so I can easily relate. "To err is human. To forgive is devine".

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 8, 2021
Last Updated on November 8, 2021
Tags: inspire, growth, women, strong, independent, challenge, love, abuse, selflove, forgive, healing