Lolita,Coplay,Subcultures

Lolita,Coplay,Subcultures

A Story by bar312
"

anything with 'cosplay' or 'costume' in the title really should not be worn with, or as Lolita. Remember that Lolita is a 'fashion' and not a 'costume', so anything costume-y you wear with Lolita will

"


Lolita is a Japanese street fashion inspired primarily by the clothing and general aesthetics of the Rococo and Victorian periods. This fashion movement started in Japan in the 1980's and has evolved greatly since.

Lolita fashion is no longer just Japanese it has branched out to captivate the world.From japan to Philippines to Europe now the UK and USA have taken to its soft, frilly, youthful, sweet, style.While researching this fascinating style,i was looking for forums to ask some questions,but found none except at Amazon that was mostly buying questions, not exactly what i was looking for.I learned one thing right off my question was is Lolita similar  or a mixture of Cosplay here was the answer i got.


No, anything with 'cosplay' or 'costume' in the title really should not be worn with, or as Lolita. Remember that Lolita is a 'fashion' and not a 'costume', so anything costume-y you wear with Lolita will look just like that: a costume. Although Chii from Chobits does wear some very elegant dresses that appear to take some influences from Lolita Fashion, it is best to keep cos play and Lolita separate.


That settled that theory but i still had a million question as to what Lolita really was so my search continued.this is what i learned.


Presently Lolita Fashion has expanded to be rather common all over the globe. Comparatively popular for an unknown Japanese street fashion, that is.


Although it is true that most styles are open to various interpretations, the expression Lolita is used specifically to identify a very precise (one could say narrow) look that is designed by abiding by a variety of strict rules and principles. The "rules" of Lolita fashion don't exist to restrict the person wearing them, but are instead qualifiers of what makes an ensemble Lolita. Inside of these rules on the other hand there are a variety of styles.


Gothic Lolita is possibly the fashion affiliated most with Lolita Fashion outside of Japan. Lolita Fashion is often known as GothLoli or EGL. While GothLoli can be a appropriate term it only pertains to the specific Gothic subset and not Lolita fashion as a whole . However EGL is an abbreviation of the term Elegant Gothic Lolita, which was coined by the Japanese musician Mana to identify his particular Lolita clothing line.


In the instance of the fashion the term "Lolita" only pertains to the child-like characteristics of some of the attire and is also used because of the beauty or cuteness of the name. Lolita Fashion is undoubtedly not about looking sexy and is instead about looking cute or elegant.Moreover to being a fashion, some people today enjoy living a "Lolita Lifestyle" in which one recognizes Lolita as more of a doctrine of living beautifully rather than just dressing it. Someone living a Lolita Lifestyle may try and live like a princess, encircling themselves with things of beauty, and taking part in a number of ‘proper’ feminine activities such as baking, embroidery, sewing and other old-fashioned "women's" activities.


So you see Lolita can be a lifestyle or a culture ,it is definitely a fashion,deriving from the Victorian era.But most interesting to me is it has many subcultures,falling underneath what i think is a subculture its self.They are very particular about there cloths as they are very expensive and very precise about what is included in there style and what is imitation wow.It also has nothing to do with Quakers Mennonites or any other cultures like that.I do believe it is a sub culture simply because Lolita wearers do not change there style they normal stay within 2 subcultures inn style like lace and one other very close style.They very rarely are Lolita one night mini skirt the next.Most are very sweet and personable.It is a great look with lots of room to expand and to educate us all on the subculture that is growing like wildfire.

Gothic & Sweet Lolita Dresses, Museum Quality Wholesale Price!Free Shipping with Code: MILANOO-FS

© 2012 bar312


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

707 Views
Added on January 21, 2012
Last Updated on January 21, 2012

Author

bar312
bar312

Auburn, NY



About
Writer ,online retailer more..

Writing