....and, I Said, I'll Never Think of You Again.

....and, I Said, I'll Never Think of You Again.

A Poem by Jeanmarie Flaherty

I'm going to forget her...


Blow her off my palm, dandelion seeds to the wind, she'll travel places I've never been, she'll


smile


at the sun, and I'll


never


burn


her....



I'm going to forget her tonight, steal the clouds that cover the moon and drape them over my eyes, I'm going to...


erase these tears, and she'll


smile...


at the moon, I'll make her notice how beautiful the night is, I'll capture her stars, I'll be everything that ever kissed her skin....


and then I'll exhale once, she'll dance across the ceiling, she'll sigh...


June will escape me, August will finally break in two, and I'll settle for October in this November air.



I'm going to divide my memory, I'm going to shatter, I'm


going to forget all about her tonight as my toes sink into nothing and I'll know how it feels to be loved, there will be no distance between


her and I


she'll settle on my lips, and I'll believe her, for once, as I watch her dreams swirl, toss and slip, I'll make love to her


I'll


feel....


and she'll leave, she'll turn, I'll reach for her as I whisper, I'll


hold on to nothing


I'll forget


to fold my hands, tonight, I'll forget her


and she'll smile, the taste of one last teardrop, she'll


hold me


as I sigh


as I slip


away.


 

© 2009 Jeanmarie Flaherty


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Normally, I would try to link this with a bit of music that would fit, but in this case it would be the total opposite of what you have brought in emotion and feeling. This is something that goes a bit beyond my own thinking, very personal and emotional.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Normally, I would try to link this with a bit of music that would fit, but in this case it would be the total opposite of what you have brought in emotion and feeling. This is something that goes a bit beyond my own thinking, very personal and emotional.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very very few writers keep me coming back to read more, just for the hell of it.
This.... and the other writing's I've read of yours...are so lyrical...all of your writings could be put into song. It has an ethereal quality. Weightless, yet every word pulls you down deeper into this surreal painting of yours.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Jean, Jean, good god you write so well. Why aren't you writing more? This is amazing talent, loved it, every last part.

Do me a big favor, and never stop amazing me.
Antonio x/o

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's the way you make us stumble down this staircase ..each word a step..digested as illumination rises in it's billow.
Why on the "ceiling" does she dance..I ask ...(throwing scolding water over my face to get past blindness)... is it the sky... or as close as life allows her.
To see in summer that I've been here ..I've known these wonderful seeds of hope which are at times the worst of cruelty.
I watch, unable to differ between the slight and narrow walkway of poetry and prayer...but able to feel a difference...strongly.
"I'll forget to fold my hands, tonight, I'll forget her"
..and then in the last footprint of descent and echo .. I see destiny and it's yearly plot..finally forgetting you ..blowing you into the wind.
Every month till then a century ..every thought of an artist ever played out fully ..to be kept only to this ...
Tied in love to this century...the artistry ends with a slip and a sigh in death of this....she is broken.





Posted 14 Years Ago


I always check back in with talented faves and it has been too long since I have visited you.
I am amazed by this one, definitely gave me chills. The dandelion comparison, blown off the palm/in the wind/traveling places never been, is so easy to understand and relate to yet also so profound.
I really love the part about the moon esp.
'forget her tonight, steal the clouds that cover the moon and drape them over my eyes'
What a unique and wonderfull way to describe that, very surreal. The feeling of an inevitable despair and loneliness is captured with 'I'll feel...and she'll leave, she'll turn, I'll reach for her as I whisper,..I'll hold on to nothing' Yes Yes Yes You capture it all so well. This is a great piece of writing, can't wait to check others I have missed. Be good.

J.P.O.et

Posted 14 Years Ago


"June will escape me, August will finally break in two, and I'll settle for October in this November air."
- i always love your months. i love how you do this. i dont think anybody else in the world could pull this off the way you do :D

"I'm going to divide my memory, I'm going to shatter, I'm
going to forget all about her tonight as my toes sink into nothing and I'll know how it feels to be loved,"

this is wonderful.


" there will be no distance between

her and I"

first of all i love how you separate that thought. furthermore, i love the thought. :D

this is such a beautiful poem.. well duh as all your poems are. but there is definitely a different quality to it - even though there is that tinge of sadness and pain you always have, there is also a sense of whimsy and lightness to i t- a grace, a forgiveness - a sense of hope, even as you seem hopeless. i dont know. me likes it a lot. :D of course. cuz me lovessssssss youuuuuuu.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your words are so profoundly beautiful, expressions that illuminate drifting thoughts and feelings. Absolutely wonderful write...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

485 Views
8 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 10, 2009

Author

Jeanmarie Flaherty
Jeanmarie Flaherty

The Gulf, FL



About
I am reality, I am art, I am every dream I've ever had and the corners of my childrens lips when they smile. I am tears and laughter, I am shoulders and knees, I am a writer, a photographer, a mother... more..

Writing