Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Bannister Weston Chaava

Ignis lit the path, and gave him a name. Deep down there in that cave, Devil's Mouth, where the townsfolk thought him dead, the boy weak from hunger, awoke. Ignis guided him to food, the boy was grateful, he shivered. Ignis lit up, all gold and fiery, and gave the boy warmth, the boy again grateful heard the noises in the dark of the cave. Ignis in the boy's shaking hands gave him protection, and lead him out of the darkness of the cave, out into the Woodsman's Forest, just outside the town of Annivale. The boy was found with Ignis by a travelling blacksmith who was returning home from his adventures, the blacksmith would take him in and raise him. The boy, many years later, would leave home to journey into the unknown. With his father's blessing, and a particular recurring dream in mind, the boy made his way out and away, Ignis by his side. His name was Ardenn, but Ignis continued to call him by the name he had given him all those years ago.
That name, is Old Child.


© 2013 Bannister Weston Chaava


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on July 28, 2013
Last Updated on July 28, 2013


Author

Bannister Weston Chaava
Bannister Weston Chaava

About
I enjoy writing, and so I do it :) I especially enjoy fantasy adventure stories. more..

Writing