Touched Gracefully

Touched Gracefully

A Poem by Bear
"

the first impression of a now, long time, friend~

"

 

You caught my attention

the very first moment I saw you, coming up the stairs.

 

You were a striking young woman

Like none other, I'd ever seen.

 

An accent from a northern location, incorporated from

Your surroundings and college chums.  It was somewhat foreign to my

ears but then, I had my own slang that no doubt wreaked havoc upon your ears.

 

For some reason, you took the time, mixed it with great patience and grace

and thankfully allowed something unexpected and strong to bloom between us.

 

At times...

I am truly amazed at how lucky I am to be blessed by friends such as thee.

So few are granted over a lifetime,

blessed I am, to still be graced, with the few

      that allow me to be their friend.

 

© 2008 Bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Inspirational writing .. very nice. it has every feeling we all feel when we are bond to friends.
At times...

I am truly amazed at how lucky I am to be blessed by friends such as thee.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
So few are granted over a lifetime,

blessed I am, to still be graced, with the few

that allow me to be their friend.

Awesome verse..!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i felt like this was very endearing and comfortable (meaning you weren't be all haughty and trying to hard). reminds me of meeting my good friends in germany. good job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sentimental and you capture endearment, Sallie, this is lovingly embracing,
as well as soft, defining what the true meaning of friendship is,
your worlds flow through the heart, beautifully written and expressed.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a delightfully warm poem... yes, friends, real friends are so very important in life. Tis said you're part of every place you've ever visited, every person you've ever known.. so... yes, we must have real straight from the heart friends. But, another thought - I don't know or can't remember who wrote this: 'Tis a blessed duty to talk kindly to a stranger for he or she may become a friend.'

' I am truly amazed at how lucky I am to be blessed by friends such as thee. / So few are granted over a lifetime, / blessed I am, to still be graced, with the few / that allow me to be their friend ' ... so true.

Thank you for sharing such a sincere piece of writing.

ps. i have friends going back to primary school - so, we've known each for twenty five odd years.. and yes, we're all a little odd - lol.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i to have some long standing friends some are 25 years old, other that are strangly colser me are 20 years. but blessed either way.

Posted 15 Years Ago


You always write such loving words about friendship. Truly it is an honor to have such people in our lives. Thank you for sharing such endearing words.
Love and Light,
Siddartha


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Truly! Those made moments can only be made by a very few, such as your friend/lover? here....and it is right and proper to be thankful for the gifts poeple share...everything tastes better sahred...out in the open and free...

Posted 15 Years Ago


I am deeply impressed with this poetry. The subject is one close to me as my friendship circle is tight-knit and those within are of long standing - people who like your friend, made an instant and lasting impression. Some are of 60 years standing which makes me feel old - until we are together, when I feel very young again. Unfortunately, the community becomes smaller as my peers die and I bid them farewell wearing my smartest suit and regimental tie - never black. Friends come and friends go - some just drift away but your poem captures the essence of that very special friend who is constant, accepts faults as well as favours and is always there when needed.
Did you mean 'these' or 'thee' Line 1 final verse. Strangely, either will do and the penultimate 'Blessed - - - ' that follows is almost a beatitude as in the scriptures. Either way a poem that has given me much pleasure and emphasised to me the benison of friendship.
By the way, you mention a northern location. Is that by any chance an English one or does USA have northern accents too?
Thank you for your kind comments on my writing. I think there are one or two WW2 historic pieces in the list somewhere,
John

Posted 15 Years Ago


i love the frienships that are nutured and maintained over time, these people are souls that have always been in your lives past and present and surely the future, if we're lucky we find them time and again. Thankd for sharing this poem.. i loved it.. and i only got 2 read requests not 3 as u mentioned.

Posted 15 Years Ago


beautifully written and well said. It reminds me that we should be grateful for those in our lives for a long time.

Posted 15 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

834 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 30, 2008
Last Updated on July 30, 2008

Author

 Bear
Bear

Newark, OH



About
Born on April Fool's Day and I'm left handed to boot. Enjoy the outdoors, feed the birds and squirrels, and really enjoy moon gazing on clear nights and even on cloudy nights I love seeing the moon m.. more..

Writing
BIG WHEEL BIG WHEEL

A Poem by Bear



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Drake Drake

A Poem by Tate Morgan