Chapter one: Welcome Home Dad

Chapter one: Welcome Home Dad

A Chapter by BeautifulWolf98
"

The secretes our world hold is greater then anyone could ever imagine. Whether its from a friends mom sleeping around to your history teacher selling drugs. But what if those wern't the biggest secret

"

  The trees called my name like the sweet sound of a mother calling a child home. They meant me no harm, but just wanted to play. As I was just about to go on an adventure my mother called from the kitchen. I hobbled down the stares and into the dinning room were my mother stood covered head to toe in flour. I screeched thinking I had just seen a ghost, that was how white she looked.

      " Stop your yelling young lady that is not how an angel acts." she stated as she looked at me with pinning gold eyes.

      " Sorry mom thought I saw a ghost. Why are you covered in flour any way?" I asked walking towards her and whipping her face with a clean cloth.

    " Don't tell the twins, but your father is coming home today and so is Mr. Darknight. Mrs. Darknight has asked us to host a welcome home party for the two of them and I need your help with the food and table. Mrs. Darknight should be here any time with her kids to help get ready." she started to walk back into the kitchen, but stopped and turned back towards me." You know this might be a chance to get to know William."

    " Mom I'm only 16. Yes he may be the same age, but I'm not ready to find my charming demon just yet. We are childhood friends that is it. We don't even know each other that much."I didn't look at my mom while I spoke about William Darknight. I didn't want to admit it to any one that I have feelings for him. His parents and mine go way back. Our fathers serve together in the galaxy wars. Our council lets humans fight earth wars (human vs. human), but we fight the galaxy wars (earth vs. aliens). They were even friends before that. They are a nice family that live in the next town over. Not even and hour away.  "Any way, what are we making to eat." I was trying to change the subject away from him.

    "Well Mrs. Darknight is bringing a big roast with hamburger buns. We are making the desert, potato salad, and a fruit salad. I need you to do the fruit salad and to set the table." My mom finished with her brilliant smile. I look like my mom for the most part, the small thin body; long, silky strawberry blonde hair; and eyes as blue as the deep sea. I could somehow see where my name came from yet also I couldn't, Sunshine Rrivernight.

     As we were were working away like bees, my twin brothers come busting threw the door and jumped right on top of my mom. Strange that they looked scared, but I didn't pay any attention to that. It was just like another normal day in the world of demons and angels.

    "BOYS!!!!!!!!!!" she yelled as her beautiful eyes turned a deep blood red. I couldn't help but laugh a little as I tossed the fruit. Ben and Zen were only 10, but they were mischievous little demons (literately). They look a lot like my father. They have deep brown eyes and eye length black hair.

  "Mom something was moving in the forest outside." Zen trembled as he looked out the window.

   " It was demon for sure, mommy." Ben added as he hid behind his brother.  Something caught my eye out side as the door bell rang then the door swung open. In came Lily, who was only 8, skipping an hoping and as happy as a rabbit.  

 "SUNNY!" she yelled as she leaped into my arms. "I missed you!" I wrapped my arms around her in a hug.

    "Missed you to Lily" I smiled as I set her down right as William walked in holding a huge a*s roast. William didn't look like a normal demon. He had long blond hair and sea blue eyes. He wasn't muscular like other demons, but he was still built. He was wearing a grey tea shirt with his black jacket, he also changed his black pants, finally.

     "MOM!!!!! THE FIGURE OUTSIDE!?!?!?!" Zen and Ben yelled at the same time breaking me from my trance.

    "Hi William, I'm going to go see your mom. Can you and Sunshine go see what the boys are talking about please?" my mother did her little pleading eyes to him.

   "Sure thing Mrs. Rrivernight." he turned to me with the most gorgeous smile and held out his hand and said "After you my pure angel." Didn't surprised me that he called me pure angel (cause I'm classified under the pure angel category), but what did take me for a loop was that he held out his hand and said "my pure angel". I nodded and took it to be polite.

   "Let me go change real quick." I then turned to the twins " you stay here if someone or something is out there I don't need you guys to get hurt. You haven't gone through training okay?"

   "Okay Sunny. We will stay here and guard mom and Mrs. Darknight." Ben looked upset, but  I didn't want the boys to get hurt. I smiled and ran up the stairs to change out of my sunset color mini dress my mom bought me for school. I'm not really a dress kind of girl, but I thought my dad would be happy to see me in one. I changed into a pair of black skinny jeans, my black boots, a dark red tank top, and my black jacket. I looked in the mirror and put my hair in a pony tail. This is me, not the fancy dresses or the girly stuff.  I practically jumped down all the stairs and landed right behind William.

   " Now that is the Sunshine I know." He was smiling as he turned around real slow like (kinda like the hot girl flipping her hair and they slow the film down except hes a guy.)

   "Well lets get going, shall we?" no one else was in the hall way so I started outside. We were about half way into the forest when William stooped.

   "What's wrong? I turned and looked at him with a curies look.

  "Why do you call me William?" he asked in a soft voice.

 "Well you haven't asked me to call you by any other name. Why do you still call me Sunshine?" I asked him a little shocked he asked me that. I use to call him Willy or Will when we were younger, but then school came. Girls (angels) went to one private school and the boys (demons) went to another. We drifted apart then and haven't really spent time together alone.

  "I miss when you called me Will and Willy. I miss you Sunny." I was surprised when he said that.

  "I miss you two Willy" I smiled and walked closer to him smelling his sweet scent of apple-woods. He looked me in the eyes and took my hand in his. I looked down at it and must have had a confused look on my face, because I heard him laugh as he brought his other hand to my face.

   "I have wanted to do this for a long time Sunshine Rrivernight." He paused and started to look shy. I have never seen this side of him before.  He was stuttering over his words and looked like he had never done this before. I didn't know any of his other friends or even if he had any, but I thought he did have a girlfriend (I may have been wrong but hey if you like an ex-termly hot guy what would you think). I smiled at him thinking he's really something.

   " Sunshine" he looked up at me and I saw something I never thought I'd ever see. His eyes turned a golden white color. It was the color of someone finding the perfect person in our species. I was lost in his eyes to realize what my own eyes were doing.

   "Your eyes Will there, there, there, golden white you know." I started to get really excited for some odd reason. Now I was stumbling all over my words. I was so embarrassed, I could't stop smiling.

  "Your eyes Sunny they look the same." He looked happy as he raped me in a hug. "Dose this mean what I think it means?" He hugged me even tighter. I gave him a tight hug back.

  "I think so." There was some rustling in the bushes behind us and my eyes turned to a deep reddish, brown. I knew someone was watching and it meant us harm. " Will you feel that right?"

  "Ya I do, there is something familiar about it though."

  "Ya, are you ready for this?"

   " All ways. Now lets kick a*s." He pulled away and gave me a peck on the lips and whispered "I can now call you mine." I smiled and with out breaking eye contact I yelled in a determined voice,

 " Now who is there. And don't run or stay put cause we know you are there. So get you a*s out here and state your business!" I heard a deep laugh as a man came walking out of the bushes.

 " And who is going to stop me? A skinny boy and a princes sneaking away to see each other?" the strange man continued to laugh like he had just made the most hilarious joke. I stared at him as I grew more agitated. Will took my hand and pulled me closer. I could feel the heat coming off of him.

  " I'm sorry is that what you were hoping for? Well I'mm busting your bubble cause you get us to kick your a*s, or do I need to tell it to you like a dumb-a*s like you are." I kept a straight face even though I wanted to lose my cool and rip his throat out. This guy just pushed my nerves the wrong way. I felt the sweat tingle down the hand that held mine tight as the grip tightend.

  " Did you hear her b***h." Will's eyes turned a deep red as did mine.  The strange man lost his smile and his bitter laugh. His eyes started to look pale gray. He started to look down and back away.

  "Ya um.... Truth is I got lost trying to find my brothers home...... You guys may now him, John Rivernight?" I was so shocked that my father had a brother and never told me at all. I mean I was also pissed at him for keeping it a secret, but he must have good reason... Right?

  " Hes not home right now and I don't believe you would be welcomed in my home. My father has never mentioned a brother nor did my grandparents ever mention any other children." I looked him dead in the eye. He looked uneasy as I was talking. Will started to dig his nails into my had as I knew he was holding him self back.

  "Look I'm looking for John and Darall. I now know you are their kids. Damn I'm going to be late for my date. I'll see you guys later." With out looking back at us the stranger disappeared back into the living forest of fog.

  " We better get back and check on every one." I turned back to Will and noticed he was still staring in the direction the man went.

  " What are we going to tell them about us? I'm going to let you tell our parents about him. You have always been good at these things." He now was looking back at me eyes calm. I didn't know what to tell our parents, but I realized they would find out.

  " Lets let them find out on their own. I don't think we need two scrawling moms and dads telling each other I told you so." I started to laugh a little when I suddenly felt real light. I had just noticed that Will had picked me up. "WHAT THE?!?!?"

 "Sorry." He put me down right away. He looked really embarrassed, it was so adorable seeing him like this I smiled to my self. " I just have always wanted to pick you up like that." He turned his back to me and I could see a hint of blush on his rose petal soft cheeks.

 "Its fine Will, really. I was just surprise that someone would ever do that to me." I smiled at him as I gave him a bear hug. " I'll race you back to the house." and with that we were both off like little jack rabbits.

                Back home, we were greeted at the door by the three youngest. They had an expression on their face that basically put off "something is wrong you need to see our mom now." Over the years my little brothers and I have created a bond. It's a bond all siblings have, but ours was different. We are able see what the other one sees with out being there. Kinda like that movie Vampire Academy where Rose can see what her friend sees, except they can't communicate.

         Any way, my brothers were really tense and so was Lily. It scared me that Mrs. Darknight and my mom were in the living room starring at the mirror we had hanging over the fireplace like a shadow. I saw what they were looking at and I stood paralyzed in the horror that had just been shoved in my face. The mirror had a straight crack straight down the middle of it. Angels are trained to decode messages given to us. We are very logic beings. It was about a minuet into looking at the crack when I figured it out. I went up to the mirror and separated the two sides reveling two messages.

    " Dear Mr. Rivernight, I'm coming for her."  

    "Dear Mr. Darknight, You can't stop us now!"

 As the messages appeared my father had walked through the door. His bright apple wide smile faded as he turned pale white. Mr. Darknight did the same thing.

   "Mom, dad we need to talk now!" I said in a stern voice. " Lily, Boys can you guys go up stairs and play, please." I gave them the puppy dog face and they agreed.

  As soon as they were up stairs both moms turned to us and in sync they said, "What the hell did you see out there?!?!"

   I looked at Will and he nodded telling me to go on and tell the. " A man who first claimed to be dads brother then said he was looking for Mr. Darknight and dad. He wouldn't tell us what he wanted, he just made up excuse after excuse. Finally, he said he didn't want to be late for a date." I was talking really fast as I tried not to miss a thing. "The boys were right though, he is for sure a demon. He also acted really strange when I got pissed that he didn't state his purpose on our territory. He was also scared when he found out we were their children." The room fell silent when my dad broke the ice in the air.

   " Allan Mask. A dark demon of the ages. He is the great grandson of the first rabid demon, Lazeroth." My dad paused for a moment to look down. " Yes he is my brother, but he went the way of a true evil. He was imprisoned on a deserted planet to die. I don't know how he escaped. All I know is I think its time for you guys to go back to the academy in two days time, same as the little ones." the parents agreed with him, like always. I wasn't worried about this Allen Mask person at all, but what I was worried about was Heavenly Angel Academy.

         After a while Will and I went up to my bedroom to help me get my school supplies ready. I wasn't due to go back for 4 more weeks, but if a parent says they see fit to go back I have to go. Will was going back right on schedule which made me sad cause we wouldn't see each other for another six months. It sucks having to go to different school. He gets cool none judgmental boys and I get Mean girls extreme. Every thing is a challenge for them. Clothes, smarts, you name it and they will make it a competition to be the best.

        I was the out cast. For a couple of reasons, one: I was the only pure angel out of 1000 other angels. Second: I barely talked to anyone. Third: I didn't dress like a s**t nor talked like one and fourth: I had the highest IQ. I had no friends at all so all I did was study. Because I was a pure angel I didn't have a room mate. You would think being in the highest of angels you would get some recondition, but nope. I hate high school.

    "Sunny?" Will had a worried look on his face as he broke me from my thoughts. "Are you all right? I know you don't want to go back. Being different isn't so bad." He smiled but his eyes were still had the concern in them. I smiled back at him, I guess it wasn't a convincing one cause he came over a gave me a warm hug. As we were pulling away my dad walked in.

     " Good you both are here. And by the way does the girls know about you two?" My dad came in with a bright smiling face that I had missed so much since he had left.

    "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT DAD!?!?!?" I kinda flipped out.... Say the least... My dad started laughing and Will stood there debating on what he was going to say.

    " Settle down you two, I have known since you guys were kids that you would end up together. You guys just had a bond." He smiled at the memory " But that's not what I came up here to talk to you guys about. That man you saw today is very dangerous. If you see him again get each other, no one else. I'm not going to loose my daughter because of him." His cheerful face was now replaced with blood red anger.

   " How? Dad we go to different schools. And on top of that boys and girls are forbidden to see each other during school." I pointed out the facts of school life.

   " Don,t worry my little Sunshine, I have it worked out." He smiled and put his hand on my cheek and one on Will's shoulder. " William, I need you to promise me that you will protect my baby girl with your life. She is more important to our race then you will ever know." He looked Will in the eye and I saw something I had never seen before, my father was crying.

  " I promise you Mr. Rivernight with the blood of the ancestors that I will protect the one and only for me and the world." I could tell he was serious by the color of his eyes. When a demon or an angel make a promise there eyes turn green. He even said the promise oath, an oath made when a serious promise is made. If the promise is broken the person who the promise was given starts to die slowly. This must be a huge deal if they are making these promises. My dad smiled at him then nodded accepting the promise.

  "Dad..." I said his name in a low soft voice. He heard me and looked my way.  I gave him a hug and whispered "Welcome home dad."



© 2017 BeautifulWolf98


Author's Note

BeautifulWolf98
Again it has been a while since i wrote this and not sure if i should continue with a second chapter

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on January 31, 2017
Last Updated on January 31, 2017


Author

BeautifulWolf98
BeautifulWolf98

Show Low, AZ



About
Im just a young writer seeing if writing is my calling. more..

Writing