True Work Of Art

True Work Of Art

A Poem by .::Cup^E^Cake*RaWr!*::.
"

This is for all the familys that have been devastated by the tornado outbreak across the States.

"

The way you're twisting,

Taking everything in your way.

The way you're turning,

Leaving them with nothing left to keep or to say

 

Your a beautiful disaster,

A true work of art.

In the blink of an eye,

You tear things apart.

 

Some survive the demolition,

Others die.

Some try to hide the pain,

As they break down & cry.

No one really see it coming,

When you fall out of the sky.

 

No one even knows,

What goes on inside you.

Why things happen,

The way they do.

 

Your a beautiful disaster,

A true work of art.

Without anyone knowing why,

You tear everything apart.

 

You go back into the sky,

As if you never even landed,

But the evidence is on the ground,

All the damage you left behind.

All the pain only they will feel.

It's like a nightmare but it's all so real.

© 2008 .::Cup^E^Cake*RaWr!*::.


Author's Note

.::Cup^E^Cake*RaWr!*::.
This is for all the familys that have been devastated by the tornado outbreak across the States.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a powerful dedication... So many around us here in Missouri were devastated earlier in the year. It was truly horrid... Your words brilliantly convey the pain and mystery of the storm...

Craig

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think it's a very loving thing for you to write a piece in honor of those families and communities. I live in Houston, TX where we get both Hurricanes and Tornados. When Hurricane Dolly hit the coast at first we only had thunderstorms here, but then we also got tornado warnings. And yet you capture the awe and beauty to be found in such an amazing occurrance. You did a great job. You balanced perfectly the reverence and resentment felt toward such forces.

Posted 15 Years Ago


an emotional and vividly told piece. well done.
not once did I feel that you manipulated emotion, rather expressing it freely and geniunly, a hard feat for most writers.
good work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this. Totally.
It reminds me of someone I know that hurts themselves and in turn hurts everything around her.
Completely off from a tornado, but okay. =]
I tried.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nicely done... I love how you show that a tornado although destructive in nature really is quite a phenomenon of nature that we could enjoy if not for the damage it causes... A genuinely sweet tribute to those effected.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this.... It actually made me a little sad, because of the story I heard on the news about the four dead boyscouts, this is a really good piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Haha. Yeah. I love this one too. I'm now moving you to my top friend. ;) I love it!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like this. I read it as a person, but I can see it as mother nature as well. Very nice!

Stanza 2, line 1 - Your....You're

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really enjoyed reading this. Definitely a unique topic to write about. I love the way you describe tornadoes as both beautiful and devastating in the stanza "Your a beautiful disaster, / A true work of art. / In the blink of an eye, / You tear things apart." Nice contrast! =) Great job with this.


Posted 15 Years Ago


a tear fell down my face reading this.
your poetry is deeply moving & different.
I loved it.:)

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 12, 2008
Last Updated on June 12, 2008

Author

.::Cup^E^Cake*RaWr!*::.
.::Cup^E^Cake*RaWr!*::.

Somewhere I need to be down in, AR



About
My Name is Rebekah but everyone calls me Beck or Beckah or my fav Cup^E^Cake & I was born in Ohio but Raised in the south. My poems are about things that really happend some where in my life weather .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..