Her Turn

Her Turn

A Poem by .::Cup^E^Cake*RaWr!*::.
"

About me...

"

She sits in her bedroom

With an empty smile,

Watching a movie

about the good life.

 

She watches everyone pair off

& advance in their own life

As she wonders,

When it will be her turn,

Her turn to live the good life.

© 2008 .::Cup^E^Cake*RaWr!*::.


Author's Note

.::Cup^E^Cake*RaWr!*::.
Nothing is perfect don't be too harsh please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this one... NO JOKE, I think that this is simply awesome!

Posted 15 Years Ago


The brevity is good on this one. I don't think I've read something this short by you, at least not that I can remember. I really like this one. It also leaves a lot open to enterpretation in terms of what "the good life" might be, which I like.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Your words are beautifully expressed here, my precious friend. And I know the time will come for you; the right time. You deserve to experience the good life and I believe your poetic heart will help prepare you for the love and beauty that will be yours.

Craig

Posted 15 Years Ago


Short but sweet but fear not for love will find you. I liked the line "empty smile." we all need someone to share our smiles with and your smile will not always be empty.

Mr.Lopez

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh I am sure your time will come and when it does it will be worth the wait... nice expression of your feelings though.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Your turn will come, just wait. Keep patient, soon enough your guy'll come by. Good poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


YEAH! This is the best thing you've ever written - it's smart and subtle; it's concise and pithy and every word counts; the tone is perfect, a powerful emotional punch. I particularly like the use of the word "empty" and the repetition of "her turn". The third person works really well. Good stuff.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 2, 2008

Author

.::Cup^E^Cake*RaWr!*::.
.::Cup^E^Cake*RaWr!*::.

Somewhere I need to be down in, AR



About
My Name is Rebekah but everyone calls me Beck or Beckah or my fav Cup^E^Cake & I was born in Ohio but Raised in the south. My poems are about things that really happend some where in my life weather .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..