A World Not My Own

A World Not My Own

A Story by dreamisnowhere
"

"The feeling of eternal happiness, the feeling of love was unconditional."

"
Into this world, I entered quietly. From my home, I have been lost. My memories undone and wings taken. The night is my friend for it brings back a glimpse of my past life when I close my eyes. Flashes of memories, whispers of voices, gentle tunes like a long-lost lullaby. Flashes of creatures as beautiful as light itself, robes flowing gently behind them, their welcoming smiles and open arms embracing me. The warmth unexplainable. The freedom, unlimited. The feeling of eternal happiness, the feeling of love was unconditional. As I opened my eyes and realized it was just a dream, tears immediately filled my eyes. What was this place? Why was I there? Why do I have these dreams night after night? What do they mean? As I dozed off back to sleep another memory-like dream appeared. Blurry and vague but enough to reveal where I came from and who I truly am. A kingdom, glittering in gold and silver, sapphires, jewels, and emeralds. No mind could fathom its beauty. Flashes of a room as beautiful as it was on the outside, and in it, was the King and Queen. The approached me and held me in their arms. Flashes of a crown being placed on my head and tears welling up in my eyes. An unexplainable feeling surged through me when I was with them. I felt safe and secure but most of all, I felt unconditional and unfathomable love. They gave me all that I asked. Rooms and rooms were filled with all kinds of toys and treats, silver and gold. Hosts of beautiful creatures coming to my service and tending to my every need. No hint of greed filled my heart no matter how much I was rewarded. This place was perfect beyond your wildest dreams. I wondered what these dreams meant and after thinking long and hard, after fighting all the hints of dought, after being able to grasp this unthinkable thought, I came to my final conclusion.

© 2018 dreamisnowhere


Author's Note

dreamisnowhere
Part 1

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, it's like reading "The Quest for the Holy Grail" or something equally descriptive! Your writing just transports the reader to a land of fairytale-like emotions and nostalgia. Great work!

Posted 5 Years Ago


dreamisnowhere

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Easy to lose control of your world. One day. You won't recognize your world or your self. I liked the story. You create situation and I liked the thoughts of the character. Good ending to the excellent story shared.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 29, 2018
Last Updated on July 10, 2018

Author

dreamisnowhere
dreamisnowhere

OH



About
As a writer, I write about real life situations and unrealistic situations (also known as fantasy). These writings are influenced by many different characters I have created and each writing concerns .. more..

Writing