Everyday Struggles

Everyday Struggles

A Story by dreamisnowhere
"

"I refuse to grow accustomed to such an ignorant way of life."

"
Wishing for something more than what we receive is called being selfish. I catch myself being selfish often but it is what you do about it that counts. Fighting the urge to get angry when I do not get what I want is an everyday battle. This miserable human life is meaningless. The things we do to obtain temporary pleasure is pretty pathetic. Don't You think? No matter how many times people say they know what they do is wrong, they continue to do it, thinking it is normal to give into lust and greed every once in a while. Not me. Because people call this normal, I strive to be abnormal. I refuse to grow accustomed to such an ignorant way of life. Someone taught me that this world is temporary so fight for something that lasts forever. However, nothing lasts forever. The closest thing that humans found to last a long time is their legacy. People aim to be legends in the history books but even after a thousand years, everyone who knew your name would be gone, then what will you have for yourself? You will only be a memory. Think about how much people struggle to live the best life money could buy. Could you take your mansion and pet lions and cars with you to the grave? You cannot take them to wherever you are going, can you? So what will you live for and will you regret it or cherish it?

© 2018 dreamisnowhere


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Salinger lived it best. Didn't want people to worship him. He wanted people to enjoy his work. I liked the story. Had feel of real life thoughts and real life struggle. Very strong and logical ending to the story. Thank you Alexis for sharing the amazing story.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 3, 2018
Last Updated on July 10, 2018

Author

dreamisnowhere
dreamisnowhere

OH



About
As a writer, I write about real life situations and unrealistic situations (also known as fantasy). These writings are influenced by many different characters I have created and each writing concerns .. more..

Writing